Jason Barnett vs Audley Harrison April 19th

Jason Barnett fought high up the card on one of the biggest fights of the year against an Olympic Gold Medallist, I'm willing to bet that tops anything this clown does in his life.

The worst part is, I don't recall anyone saying Jason was going to be the next heavyweight champion of the world -- just encouraging remarks and that he landed some good punches. What kind of person would find fault with such actions because it's just "blowing sunshine up his ass"? Unnecessary, inaccurate in context, and mean-spirited.

I bet this guy's kids adore him.

The battle of the new mods...who will drop the hammer first!?!

my money is on MS...sorry GJ.

Hammer_Drops.jpg

Thanks for the story, Jason. It's always cool to get hear how the fight went from the fighter's perspective. Haven't gotten a chance to watch the whole fight (I snuck a peek at the first round at work), but you seemed to be doing a good job pumping that jab in his face.

Trust me....I wanted to get inside on him more, but it wasn't quite that easy. Like David Haye said to me, Audley is deceptively hard to hit. I like to think that I have good reach and a long range on my punches. He was pulling back just enough to avoid my shots. It got frustrating when my shots weren't landing. That 86" reach is hard to deal with from the outside.

i known , if you let him land on the outside you haven't a chance , he's a gold medalist and is 6-6 260 pounds thats his bread and butter .

what danny williams who is similar in size to yourself did was turn it into a brawl and fought on the inside , basically brought audley out of his comfort zone which is really an amateur style

Plenty of long range fighters do well against taller long range fighters from the outside.
Just depends, you don't always have to go in the inside and fight out of your element.
that is of course, if you are a great long range fighter..

Like if Ali would fight a 6'8 boxer, he won't try and fight from the inside. His bread and butter is to box from the outside and he will.

great to see how you can respond to a point of view with gutter trash language. i'm sure jason barnett is confident within himself to take or leave my comments.. shame u have to resort to call some 1 a 'fucking idiot' and a 'retarded pussy'.. good job i salute ur civility:rolleyes:

You are a fucking idiot.

A pro fighter who co-headlined one of the biggest cards of the year so far, turns up to give us his insight and views and you talk shit to him.

Fuck off.

Let's just say it was a 5-figure fight.

Nice one man, nice pay day.

Thought you might like to know that some pics have been in the sport sections of the UK papers...saw you face on the train back from Uni and thought you might like to know.

You are a fucking idiot.

A pro fighter who co-headlined one of the biggest cards of the year so far, turns up to give us his insight and views and you talk shit to him.

Fuck off.

again i say even tho u seem to be hard of hearing. a fighter in my opinion tho deserving respect for stepping in the ring.. unless i (and thats a personal opinion which you seem to think no one apart from u can have) feel like i think he deserves my backing , which records IMO ( look that up booty)suggest definately not, i will support who i like.., so take ur 'fucking idiot' and ur 'fuck off" and give it to someone who can respond in without screaming BAN to anyone who questions a stance

stay off the boxing forum absofsteel1977 your kind are not wanted here .

the boxing forum has a lot of great posters and no fake rumors or trolls .

we don't need or want your kind stay to the hw

stay off the boxing forum absofsteel1977 your kind are not wanted here .

the boxing forum has a lot of great posters and no fake rumors or trolls .

we don't need or want your kind stay to the hw

stay off the boxing forum... and y is that? cus u said so? ....... ur kind? how bigoted are you? or are u with booty daddy in slagging off people with handicaps i.e 'retarded pussy'

You know, you're right - you shouldn't nuthug a fighter just because he's on Sherdog. But he's here sharing his experience and we're saying "well done for getting in there at short notice and giving it a good go" and "thanks for sharing your experience and giving us a glimpse of behind the scenes.

Did you really think this thread was the place to make your point? Thanks for being just as dumb as the idiots in the heavyweight forums who drove away all the big name pro fighters that used to post here

Short version - shut the fuck up you drooling retard

(Congrats on your Orange belt, by the way...)

i retract that statement solely on the fact that placing it in context wud help... ok in this thread might not have been the ideal place to place my opinion but hey free world free speech, take it or leave it, and as regards ur short version reply i wont sink to ur level:icon_cry2

Back