***Jared "The Mountain" Vanderaa SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for LFA Heavyweight, Jared Vanderaa! He will answer your questions LIVE on THURSDAY the 22nd of June at 7:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Jared Vanderaa is one of the top Heavyweight prospects outside of the major organizations. He will next be competing for the vacant LFA Heavyweight title in the main event at LFA 15 on June 30th against Richard Odoms.​

20170527064633_lfa15.JPG

Jared holds a 5-0 pro MMA record with a 4-3 amateur record. In all of Jared's 12 total fights, only 2 have gone to the judges scorecards. His pro victories have all come by finish(3 KO/TKOs & 2 Submissions). "The Mountain" is quite a fitting nickname for Jared, as he stands at 6'4" tall & has a very long reach of 83". Training alongside Dan Henderson, Sam Alvey, Tom Gallicchio & others at the famed Team Quest, Jared is hopeful he'll be able to catapult himself to the UFC with a big victory over Odoms.

20160612112517_1DX_4333.JPG

Follow him here:

Twitter: @Jaredvanderaa
Facebook: Jared Vanderaa

Instagram: jaredvanderaa_hbn

Last edited by a moderator:
hey jared. do you watch much mma other than your own fights? whats your favorite fight of all time?

Best of luck next week! Do you think a highlight reel KO could get you to the UFC after this next fight?

hey jared. do you watch much mma other than your own fights? whats your favorite fight of all time?
I do like watching other heavyweight fights to see where I stack up against them . And for my favorite fight I can't really say I have one.

Best of luck next week! Do you think a highlight reel KO could get you to the UFC after this next fight?
Yes!!! Dana White is huge fan of KOs , and I am sure that will be a golden ticket

Do you have a preference on how you like to win? Any specific submissions or strikes for the KO? You can obviously do either as your record shows! :D

Hey Jared good luck against a tough Odoms. I know the big names out of your gym but im wondering what other heavyweight mma fighters do you train with? Any boxers or kickboxers also?

Hello The Mountain,

Is crushing your opponent's head between your hands like a watermelon illegal under the unified rules?

And if not, is this how you plan to win? Thanks!

Hey Jared...How much can you bench?

Do you have a preference on how you like to win? Any specific submissions or strikes for the KO? You can obviously do either as your record shows! :D
I got one , a sub I been waiting to do but that is my little secret ;)

Hey Jared good luck against a tough Odoms. I know the big names out of your gym but im wondering what other heavyweight mma fighters do you train with? Any boxers or kickboxers also?
Im trying to get more work at Kings MMA which Werdum is at . But we got Glory kick boxer in and out of dans and a bunch of strong heavyweights for grappling . Thank you

did you get your nickname from game of thrones?

whats your favorite movie?

Does being a 6'4" heavyweight fighter make you a shoe in for getting the ladies?

did you get your nickname from game of thrones?

whats your favorite movie?
No but I do get that a lot lol while I was in High School I was just called that .

My favorite movie is The Crow
"Victims, aren't we all" is tattoo on my left bicep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back