Jared Rosholt should fight Stipe Miocic next for number 1 contender

Stipe pushed JDS far far further than I thought he would.

Stipe is the one HW who surprises me every time. The guy is legit, he would destroy Rosholt, as would any of top 5 in my opinion.

How on earth has he earnt a no 1 shot? He looked terrible this weekend

Alexey%2BOleinik%2BCrushes%2BJared%2BRosholt%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B57%2BAustin.gif

People act like that is a "bad chin", when it is actually "non existent > poor defense". Oly is a freakin' beast. Where is the UFC hiding that monster now a days?

FFS, Can't say I approve of this technique. Jared's right hand is at his ribs, he then puls his fist BACKWARDS in an almost pitching wind up, and turns the right side of his chin directly into center line as he uncoils the extremely wide looping overhand right.

Rosholt is doing the only thing he can in the UFC HW division, and building his record.
Like him or not,
1. He is still young for the WC.
2. He has a 13-2 MMA and 5-1 record in the UFC.
3. He is on a two fight win streak.
4. He is quite easily #1 UFC HW insofar as active fighting schedule.

All UFC HW fighters since 2013:
Most to least active:

Fighter (Total fights since Jan 1, 2013)[Total UFC fights since Jan 1, 2013] UFC record since 2013

Rosholt (10)[6] 5-1
Potts (8)[3] 0-3
Hamilton (8)[4] 2-2
Oliynyk (7)[2] 2-0
Jordan (7)[7] 5-2
Gonzaga (7)[7] 3-4
Palelei (6)[6] 4-2
Bigfoot (6)[6] 2-3-1
Arlovski (6)[3] 3-0
Browne (6)[6] 4-2
Mitrione (6)[6] 4-2
Lewis (6)[5] 3-2
Nelson (6)[6] 2-4
Hunt (6)[6] 2-3-1
Overeem (6)[6] 3-3
Harris (5)[3] 0-3
Mir (5)[5] 2-3
Miocic (5)[5] 4-1
Schaub (4)[4] 2-2
Rothwell (4)[4] 3-1
Cro Cop (4)[1] 1-0
Werdum (4)[4] 4-0
Barnett (3)[2] 1-1
Big Nog (3)[3] 0-3
Struve (3)[3] 1-2
JDS (3)[3] 2-1
Cain (3)[3] 2-1

I'm just not certain how the two UFC HW's at the bottom of this list can compare.

They NEVER fight, and on the extreme blue moon rare occasion that they do one for every three Jared does, they get saddled with a worse winning percentage than the far more active Rosholt.

This is what a 29 year old man SHOULD be doing in the UFC HW division.

Not fighting once every other year!

It should be Rosholt vs someone in Legacy. Guy has no business in the UFC.

no business in UFC? he is 6-1 in UFC. he fights way more often than all the other HW's in UFC too. say that when he is controlling Werdum and dominating him

KhabibTheBeagle in here exemplifying why personalities like his should be nowhere near a forum.

He should fight Bigfoot and after he wins that fight, then someone top 10/5, then title shot.

Those hammerfists were prehistoric. Lol.

Rosholt will be top 10 after his next fight, regardless of Oliynik getting lucky.

I was thinking about the number 1 contenders for a title shot and next I wanna see Rosholt vs Stipe for a shot at Werdum, this would be a good fight to determine who gets the next title shot.

Rosholt would beat Stipe, his wrestling is way too good and top control. Stipe has crisper striking for sure but Rosholt will grab him straight away and make it his fight. Rosholt by decision.

Rosholt almost got his head taken clean off at the end of the fight Sat and you want him to fight Stipe? Did he bang your mom or something?

Oly is a freakin' beast. Where is the UFC hiding that monster now a days?

Oly is a good fighter... but he also has a grand total of...

1 STANDING KNOCKOUT IN 60 FIGHTS!

As the recipient of that KO, and after nearly getting KO'd by that mustachioed monster this past Saturday, Rosholt is not going anywhere in this division IMO.

Back