Jared Cannonier is currently co-main eventing UFC 208...

Mormont

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just let that sink in for a moment. I therefore propose the question is if this is the finalized card for 208, is it the worst PPV card the UFC has produced (prior to any injuries occurring) in the past few years?

Aldo vs Holloway not happening thats for sure
Maybe Woodley vs WB 2, Aldo vs Khabib, or Khabib vs Ferguson

They know they don't have to stack the card cause they have a must see WMMA main event.

After being 2-1 with 2 fights at LHW he's fighting a top 3 fighter. Someone's been praying to the wrong guy. All those Brazilians fighting on fight pass thanking Jesus should consider converting to Jehovah.

Last edited:
Aldo vs Holloway not happening thats for sure
Maybe Woodley vs WB 2, Aldo vs Khabib, or Khabib vs Ferguson
This card needs Woodley/WB II or Bisping/Romro to save it. I doubt Khabib or Tony are going to be on this card sadly.

Cannonier's last performance was awesome. Loved it. He out Hulked the Hulk.

This card needs Woodley/WB II or Bisping/Romro to save it. I doubt Khabib or Tony are going to be on this card sadly.
Yeah Bisping vs Romero would be fucking great. but dont get your hopes up

Cannonier's last performance was awesome. Loved it. He out Hulked the Hulk.
I think he has potential for sure, but to co-main event a PPV with an already highly lackluster potential main event is just bad.

The UFC needs either a champion or a star to step forward. It's kind of exciting in a way, but I expect to be let down. Maybe this will end up on FS1.

Didn't Big Sexy McCorkle Co Main a GSP PPV?

Give me Canonier over that chump, its a Co Main because of Glover though obviously.

The more Black Beasts the better.

Never claimed he was bad, but what the heck has he done to co-main event a fight night, yet alone a PPV?
My only MMA loving friend loves him because Joos. Maybe they are trying to get the black Jewish audience that's getting tired of Amare Stoudemire and needs a new face to cheer for

I think he has potential for sure, but to co-main event a PPV with an already highly lackluster potential main event is just bad.
He's co-maining with Glover though so it's still a awesome fight.

I just found out Aldo/Holloway isn't happening though which sucks. I remember Dana was pushing for it.

Keep in mind... he's not young. He's 32 years old and works a full-time job. I'm not really sure if that qualifies as a prospect.

Back