Japan's Summer of Misery: Heatwave, Flooding, Landslide, Typhoon, and now a 6.7 magnitude Earthquake

Def been a rough year. My area just had tons of rain, no disaters thank god. But this has to be stressing the economy at this point

I find it ludicrous that people still don't get it. Major low elevation coastal cities will be engulfed by the sea IN OUR LIFETIME- this is not some hypothetical scenario hundreds of years from now. And this is going to trigger the biggest mass migration of humans in earth's history as vast swaths of once habitable zones become unlivable.
Of course we're polluting at an alarming pace. Thing is what you're doing about it? You recycle and reduce waste, plus not use the ac?

Btw when the world floods I have dibs on your mom. She's a floating city

6005691-natural+disasters.jpg

The fucking humidity in Japan during the summer is a natural disaster in itself. It's unbearable.

Japan is a ticking time bomb of various disasters, it's a miracle it's lasted as long as it has. There's a reason Godzilla movies are such a big deal there, they know the dangers of nature well. It's a big reason I avoided ever going myself despite loving the country, I didn't want to have the luck of being there during an inevitable major disaster.

I got a buddy over in Saudi who laughed when they started talking about devastating heatwaves. 45 is just an average day for him.

I got a buddy over in Saudi who laughed when they started talking about devastating heatwaves. 45 is just an average day for him.
The reason why Europeans die in heatwaves that would just be a typical day in Miami is because their cities are not prepared for it. Most of them don't have AC in their homes and their buildings arent designed to mitigate the the effects of brutal heat. I would assume a similar situation in much of Japan.

The reason why Europeans die in heatwaves that would just be a typical day in Miami is because their cities are not prepared for it. Most of them don't have AC in their homes and their buildings arent designed to mitigate the the effects of brutal heat. I would assume a similar situation in much of Japan.

Yeah, I never saw anyone with AC while travelling across Euroland. A few people maybe had electric fans but I never saw anyone with an actual unit.

I work for Japanese company from Europe and talk with them every day. They are also stunned by the amount of natural disasters in these few months.

But they are a tough nation, these things keep on happening but they just keep on pushing forward. They talk about it a little but in a tone that is very calm. If it was happening to America or any other country people would freak out. Sadly they are kinda used to these things so they are usually well prepared and fearless when something like this happens.

Hopefully they will be safe from now on but I doubt it will stay calm for long. Japan is an awesome country, visited them this May and had the best time of my life.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24: 6-8

I work for Japanese company from Europe and talk with them every day. They are also stunned by the amount of natural disasters in these few months.

But they are a tough nation, these things keep on happening but they just keep on pushing forward. They talk about it a little but in a tone that is very calm. If it was happening to America or any other country people would freak out. Sadly they are kinda used to these things so they are usually well prepared and fearless when something like this happens.

Hopefully they will be safe from now on but I doubt it will stay calm for long. Japan is an awesome country, visited them this May and had the best time of my life.

On the contrary, it's happening right here in America in any given year.

Fortunately, our land mass is much bigger than Japan and our population also dispersed out accordingly, so all the natural disasters we have here (heat wave, flood, fire, tornado, hurricane, snow storm, earthquake, volcano) do not hit the same place and people over and over like in crowded Japan.

That being said, it's true that Japan is wealthy and more prepared than pretty much all other countries in Asia. If this was happening to any other country in that continent, the death toll would be extraordinary.

You guys see the vid of the Japan landslide from yesterday's news? Nasty! It was like flushing thick shit water down the hill and it wiped out everything in its path, knocking aside houses into other structures, moving masses of debris like the shit's weightless.

Back