japanese rock - *** people help me out

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
i've become a big fan of the band the pillows. however their albums cost an arm and a leg to purchase on amazon because they are import products.

but i live in the OC which is like asia anyway. so i has two questions:

where can i get awesome j-rock in the states? there has to be some stores in orange county that sell them

what are some other awesome bands like the pillows?

thanks

*edit sorry i didnt know the three letter word for japanese was slang/insult/racist

you should upgrade to some Japanese metal.

X-Japan for lyfe

If the "OC" is Orange County... try http://www.amoeba.com/. The Hollywood record store probably has something you'd be into...

i go to amoeba all the time i love it!

yeah i looked there already. i'm not sure if i'm looking in the right section or not when i go there. but i dont think they have it.

Good on you for still buying albums

Good on you for still buying albums

hell yeah.

i love the smells/looks/ of a cd and artwork. my favorite is to go through the artwork as i listen to the cd. nothing better. and i like to support the artists i enjoy.

If you're ever in LA, check out Little Tokyo. A lot of shops that sell imported music, books, anime, etc. just a warning though, there's loads of weeaboos there on the weekends.

If you're ever in LA, check out Little Tokyo. A lot of shops that sell imported music, books, anime, etc. just a warning though, there's loads of weeaboos there on the weekends.

yeah ive been meaning to go. what the hell is a weeaboo?

hell yeah.

i love the smells/looks/ of a cd and artwork. my favorite is to go through the artwork as i listen to the cd. nothing better. and i like to support the artists i enjoy.

You ought to try and get into vinyl records at some point. I've found a lot of really cool artists by going to estate sales and music stores and looking through the used records.

You ought to try and get into vinyl records at some point. I've found a lot of really cool artists by going to estate sales and music stores and looking through the used records.

yeah i have been thinking about it.... i'm worried about the amount of money and space that hobby would take.

One word - BORIS

[YT]t_GgowniQWk[/YT]

yeah i have been thinking about it.... i'm worried about the amount of money and space that hobby would take.

Well the cheapest turntable I've found only cost about 40 dollars and used records generally are dirt cheap, you've just got to make sure that they are in playable condition before you buy them. But then again I acquired most of my stuff pretty gradually so I guess I never really payed much attention to the cost.

How about Japanese punk inspired by the Misfits?

Back