Japanese PM labelled most dangerous person in Asia

so what's the difference between an "ultranationalist", a nationalist, and just another center-right politician again?

so what's the difference between an "ultranationalist", a nationalist, and just another center-right politician again?

probably has something to do with genocide denile

Was he the one that prayed at that shrine where Tojo and the rest are buried?

Sadly not the only one. The far-right's influence has been getting increasingly stronger in Japan in recent years, from what I can see. They've been whitewashing the Imperial Army's WWII reputation, much like Putin with Stalin.

Everyone is dangerous if not taught properly. We just have to destabilize their ability by forming a U defense perimeter around the South China sea I like to call it project "Stalemate" :icon_chee We can fire water hoses all day long.

Yup, and the guy who said he wants to officially remove Japan's apology for sex slavery during WW2 and oh btw we're totally not up to anything fishy by restoring our army.

No one is buried at the shrine all the controversy is about. It just has a list of names of people who died in the Japanese military. Millions of them.

I don't think the japanese really pray exactly.

This relates to something that always bugged me. Remember when Obama tried to be all respectful to Bin Laden's body? Why was that behavior and the reasons for it acceptable?

Hyperbolic ; because Japan is a democrasy with strict separation of powers . What does the writer think, that Shinzo Abe is going to manipulate or force Japan into an aggressive militaristic nation that bullies its neighbours??

No one is buried at the shrine all the controversy is about. It just has a list of names of people who died in the Japanese military. Millions of them.

I don't think the japanese really pray exactly.

This relates to something that always bugged me. Remember when Obama tried to be all respectful to Bin Laden's body? Why was that behavior and the reasons for it acceptable?

Because Abe was trying to make a positive statement in support of the people commemorated by the shrine. It would be like praying to a statue of hitler. Not desecrating a corpse isnt really the same thing.

Because Abe was trying to make a positive statement in support of the people commemorated by the shrine. It would be like praying to a statue of hitler. Not desecrating a corpse isnt really the same thing.

Speaking of not the same thing, something like 99.9 percent of the people commemorated in that shrine were never convicted of war crimes.

And you are saying that unless we accept muslim rules for handling corpses, we are desecrating them? Yet we apparently refuse to accept Japanese rules for commemorating dead people.

Sadly not the only one. The far-right's influence has been getting increasingly stronger in Japan in recent years, from what I can see. They've been whitewashing the Imperial Army's WWII reputation, much like Putin with Stalin.

Hard to stand by when China is constantly pushing you around and North Korea is lobbing missises into the Sea of Japan.

Speaking of not the same thing, something like 99.9 percent of the people commemorated in that shrine were never convicted of war crimes.

And you are saying that unless we accept muslim rules for handling corpses, we are desecrating them? Yet we apparently refuse to accept Japanese rules for commemorating dead people.

Most Nazis werent convicted of war crimes either, you dont see Germany erecting shrines to them.

And what body handling practices are you even talking about? A burial at sea? That isnt even uncommon here.

Well no shit. The dude has been agitating and stirring the pot for a while. His actions can only end in war.

Hard to stand by when China is constantly pushing you around and North Korea is lobbing missises into the Sea of Japan.

Abe would be doing this stuff whether NK and China were acting up or not. He's a wreckless ass and essentially the other side of the coin for politicians in China. Pretty much the last ass hole you want in charge during the current situation. There have been spark points between these countries in the past but never with someone like Abe in charge, a man who once already had to resign from being PM in shame for his frankly bat shit policies. The way he is acting I get the impression he wants to aggravate China into a war just so he can justify his policies.

Most Nazis werent convicted of war crimes either, you dont see Germany erecting shrines to them.
So Japanese are ultranationalist ogres unless they treat their military for the last 100 years as equivalent to nazis? How can this play out any other way when you set the bar that high? That is actually the game going on here of course. No matter what Japan does (short of completely bending over) they will be attacked. If you look into the cultural differences behind the controversies, there is always some nuance that is the real point and sails right over the press's head.

And what body handling practices are you even talking about? A burial at sea? That isnt even uncommon here.
Apparently Obama fucked that one up, amusingly. Though he did try, with the ablution and arabic ceremony.

How about letting us see the body?

Japan is hardly in any position to be flexing her non-existent muscles.

I think Abe is secretly trying to aggravate CHina to go to war so it would destroy all the economic growth the country has made in the last few decades.

The Chinese government, despite being irrational themselves, are not gonna fall for it.

So Japanese are ultranationalist ogres unless they treat their military for the last 100 years as equivalent to nazis? How can this play out any other way when you set the bar that high? That is actually the game going on here of course. No matter what Japan does (short of completely bending over) they will be attacked. If you look into the cultural differences behind the controversies, there is always some nuance that is the real point and sails right over the press's head.

Apparently Obama fucked that one up, amusingly. Though he did try, with the ablution and arabic ceremony.

How about letting us see the body?

You are aware the Yasukuni shrine is not commemorating anyone since ww2 right? So yeah, the imperial army around that time frame was exactly as bad as the Nazis. There isnt a nuance, they were the bad guys.

And you think Obama was on that ship? You really are dumb.

You are aware the Yasukuni shrine is not commemorating anyone since ww2 right? So yeah, the imperial army around that time frame was exactly as bad as the Nazis. There isnt a nuance, they were the bad guys.
How many people died in the Japanese military in wars since ww2?

But let's be accurate shall we? At least to the bare minimum that everyone should have access to by reading wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasukuni_Shrine

Yasukuni Shrine (靖国神社 or 靖國神社 Yasukuni Jinja?) is a Shinto shrine in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. It was founded by Emperor Meiji to commemorate individuals who had died in service of the Empire of Japan during the Meiji Restoration.[1] The shrine's purpose has been expanded over the years; the deities enshrined at the Honden shrine within Yasukuni currently include more than 2,466,000 individuals who died in conflicts spanning from the Boshin War of 1868 to the end of World War II,[2] and the adjacent Chinreisha "spirit-pacifying" shrine commemorates all of the dead from all wars fought worldwide throughout history.[3]

As for nuance, yes there is major nuance (fun oxymoron there) missed here. The shrine is a shinto shrine. Shinto does not share our view of good versus evil in the world. They consider all humans as embodying both and just become some spirit that will protect them or something when you die. Very different than worshiping a hitler statue because you are some kind of neo-nazi cultist who wants to emulate hitler in your life, which is the implications of your analogy.

Also it's kind of absurd to simultaneously:
A. criticize Japan for denying their military did "bad things".
B. also attack them for condoning "bad things" akin to hitler-worship when they commemorate that military.

And you think Obama was on that ship? You really are dumb.
So flamey already? Is it cause I used mean words about your messiah?

I think the people on that ship did what their commander in chief told them to.

How many people died in the Japanese military in wars since ww2?

But let's be accurate shall we? At least to the bare minimum that everyone should have access to by reading wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasukuni_Shrine

As for nuance, yes there is major nuance (fun oxymoron there) missed here. The shrine is a shinto shrine. Shinto does not share our view of good versus evil in the world. They consider all humans as embodying both and just become some spirit that will protect them or something when you die. Very different than worshiping a hitler statue because you are some kind of neo-nazi cultist who wants to emulate hitler in your life, which is the implications of your analogy.

Also it's kind of absurd to simultaneously:
A. criticize Japan for denying their military did "bad things".
B. also attack them for condoning "bad things" akin to hitler-worship when they commemorate that military.

So flamey already? Is it cause I used mean words about your messiah?

I think the people on that ship did what their commander in chief told them to.

There is a difference between acknowledging something happened, and commemorating it in a positive way. It would be like if the president put up a shrine for American soldiers lost at wounded knee.

So you dont think Obama did anything wrong, you think Chaplains are incompetent. You just blame Obama anyways.

Im a registered Republican. People like you are why we have a hard time winning elections. Ignorance has been embraced by the far right, and it hurts conservatives who are not morons.

Back