Japanese MMA NYE Mega Event Needs to Happen in 2013

Last year many of us who bought tickets for Glory got fucked over when they decided to be a part of the NYE card.

Yup same, Id tell anyone not to bother going due to that shit they pulled and lack of caring

NYE cards have not been great in Japan since 06. 09 and 10 were alright but even those were not close to as good as the old days. Genki Desu Ka might be one of the worst major cards I have sat through in it's entirety.

It's not going to feel like New Years without a card. I miss my large-scale JMMA...

Many? All 4 of you? Did not you called or emailed for a refund?

GLORY offering refunds doesn't really matter when you have the cost of flights and hotels to consider. And even if they wanted to attend the NYE show, good luck finding affordable flights and hotels so soon before the 31st.

Same bullshit went down when Affliction cancelled their third show last minute.

GLORY offering refunds doesn't really matter when you have the cost of flights and hotels to consider. And even if they wanted to attend the NYE show, good luck finding affordable flights and hotels so soon before the 31st.

Same bullshit went down when Affliction cancelled their third show last minute.

It was unfortunate. Im a massive K-1 style fan but since that happened to me last year ive lost significant amount of interest. I had a great time i Japan still though.

Oh and it was apparently my last chance to see Semmy i guess. Sucks. Fav fighter

WTF are you talking about???? Inoki is planning an pro wrastling IGF card with a couple MMA fights like IGF has been doing and did last NYE.

This is not an Inoke Bom Ba MMA card.
What he's saying is that Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye was the origin behind Japan having combat sport events in Japan, in other words, Inoki held the first ever Japan NYE combat sports event.

Also I will clarify, many people are posting NYE news from Pancrase and IGF they've probably read from me and I'll clarify.

Pancrase is holding their Bayside Fight 2 card in Yokohama on NYE. It won't be a huge, star studded card. It'll be similar to their Bayside Fight 1 card in Yokohama. It will feature some amateurs and some pro fights between lower ranked Pancrase fighters. They also said they had planned on having a Japan vs. US theme, but if you've followed Pancrase at all recently, you'll see that they mean fights between lower ranked Pancrase Japanese fighters and US soldiers who are active on naval, army or military bases over there and train MMA and fight in their free time.

So don't expect anything similar to their recent PANCRASE 252 their 20th anniversary event.

The IGF INOKI BOM-BA-YE event this year hasn't been confirmed yet afaik and it does it indeed happen, it'll most likely be a pro-wrestling card with some MMA fights similar to last year.

Ishii vs. Cro Cop has been rumored of possibly happening, but nothing has been announced or confirmed for NYE, so don't try and make it out as if this fight is happening yet.

Once anything gets confirmed, I'll let you guys know.

It's more difficult cause you got to copy and paste. Too much work for these posts. It's a lot quicker to just hit reply.

you do realise the button next to the quote is the multi quote button? it's the triangle.

you just click the triangle on all the posts you want to "multi quote" and then the last one you hit the Quote button and then all are there to answer.

please give it a try....... no copy and paste required.

I thought they refunded $$$ or it went toward GLORY/DREAM NYE.

They didn't refund my friends' flights from Fukuoka though.

And by the time they announced the change (very late), most people already had plans for NYE, and the holidays in general. The whole thing was very shitty for many people.

Many? All 4 of you? Did not you called or emailed for a refund?

You think it only affected 4 people?

Imagine in mid/late November a UFC event on Dec. 2nd in Sacramento getting moved to San Jose for NYE. You think that wouldn't cause problems for a lot of people?

damn i miss the big shows in japan.

i remember a few years ago. while the netherlands was playing the soccer world cup final i was watching Dream :)

You think it only affected 4 people?

Imagine in mid/late November a UFC event on Dec. 2nd in Sacramento getting moved to San Jose for NYE. You think that wouldn't cause problems for a lot of people?

Well, the first original scheduled Glory 4 Tokyo Grand Slam had really bad ticket-sales so I don't think a big number of people booked their flights and hotels from abroad. I agreethis situation really sucked for you and all other people. Maybe Glory can do something for you this year if you are planning to attend the Glory Japan in december?

it isnt unless the posts are on diff pages.

id like to see a nye card, i remember the first time i watched one. it was a terrible stream

DREAM put on some great NYE events live on AXS TV. 10 or 11 hours long of solid MMA and kickboxing live on TV was unreal on NYE. Can't believe there is no event planned this year.

Don't give up hope yet!

Last year the show was not announced until the last week of October.

There is still time.

Still sleeping I see. Boxing was in shadow of mma/k1 for 10 years. Why should they share
a cake when they can make their own card.

And dec 21 is no near level of new year eve card.

Glory won't help jmma, they brought Dream back one time to fill Saitama arena.

I'm saying MMA org should bring in some boxers and share a card. It's not unheard of just pretty rare.

Dream put on great long shows on HDnet from 2008-2009. TBS gutted their budget in 2010 to few shows that didn't have very many fights and by 2011 their shows were not very good at all with shows being delayed.

I would love for something like that again, but that was another time.

Back