Japanese MMA NYE Mega Event Needs to Happen in 2013

How about for once doing something not for the money but for awesomeness? Yeah not the way UFC likes things I know. Sad world.

how is it awesome if nobody is watching? oh, if you are watching and 20 hardcores as well that makes it awesome.

I know, I would have thought by now UFC would be holding major shows on NYE. They were rumored not long ago to have that mega show in July but that didn't happen this year either.

there is no market for NYE shows in America, that is why they don't do it.

also, cmon man..... multi quote post please.

Someone pleases wake TS up. Do you even know situation of fight sport scene in Japan?
Good bye mma/kickboxing, now boxing is totally dominating tv deal. Mma and Glory
can have Saitama arena, but they will make shit money because no tv deal for them.
Last year two major tv stations clash against each other in news year eve, by holding
5 world title boxing on the line. It will only get bigger this year.

Glory bleeds money every time they make events in Japan. They already have USA and
Spike tv so I doubt they will put amazing card like last year.

Then have a combined MMA/boxing card. Whatever. Just need a NYE show and actually GLORY has an event planned for Dec 21st in Japan.

If an event goes down, it won't be a "mega event" and it likely won't air on AXS.

Andrew Simon on Twitter a few weeks ago noted airing Japan live wasn't working for them.

Probably too expensive to broadcast live but they tried real hard to get the NYE event last year. That was only 10 months ago and I remember them trying for months to get that show on AXS.

Vale Tudo Japan did their first event around NYE 2012.

If no one else does anything, maybe they'll do a NYE event. IGF is the other leading contender.

I believe IGF does have a card planned but usually they have a couple MMA fights sprinkled into a wrestling card. Not much of a JMMA NYE card.

how is it awesome if nobody is watching? oh, if you are watching and 20 hardcores as well that makes it awesome.

there is no market for NYE shows in America, that is why they don't do it.

also, cmon man..... multi quote post please.

Not necessarily on NYE for UFC but they should make their year-end show a huge event. They should do something different from their average card, really stacked cards, stadium like events once a year. A bigger production, something special about it, instead of the normal PPV.

Nah, multi-quote is too much work. Easier to just post responses.

Shinya Aoki vs Tatsuya Kawajiri II @ 145
Sergei Kharitonov vs Mirko Cro Cop/Aleks Emelianenko
Yushin Okami vs Roger Gracie/Mamed Khalidov
Renzo gracie vs Kotetsu Boku or Renzo vs Sakuraba NJPW
Minowaman vs Rousimar Palharres
bibiano Fernandes vs masakatsu Ueda
Melvin Manhoef vs Maiquel Falcao
Tyrone Spong vs Mizuno
James Thomson vs Tony Johnson Jr
Jens Pulver vs Caol Uno
Zoro vs Hirota

If they're doing it, do it. It will take a card of this magnatude to reignite JMMA.

Probably too expensive to broadcast live but they tried real hard to get the NYE event last year. That was only 10 months ago and I remember them trying for months to get that show on AXS.

The NYE show last year was very last minute. I doubt there was even solid plans for a show months out, let alone AXS attempting to secure a TV deal for it that far in advance. The event wasn't even confirmed until the end of October.

I do remember Voice saying on Twitter AXS couldn't reach a deal though ($$$$).

To be honest, I don't blame AXS if they don't feel the live show is feasible anymore. I am surprised and forever grateful we got a good 3-4 years of a live JMMA show every other month or so. Not to mention the live K-1 events.

The satellite feed for a marathon 9 hour+ show can't be cheap for what ultimately is a tiny niche audience of a niche channel tuning in.

Not necessarily on NYE for UFC but they should make their year-end show a huge event. They should do something different from their average card, really stacked cards, stadium like events once a year. A bigger production, something special about it, instead of the normal PPV.

Nah, multi-quote is too much work. Easier to just post responses.

no it's not. it's easier for you and easier for us......no need to scroll for ever.

I believe IGF does have a card planned but usually they have a couple MMA fights sprinkled into a wrestling card. Not much of a JMMA NYE card.

lol
TS is so ignorant.
INOKI BOM-BA-YE (proresu) is the origin of NYE event in Japan.

I heard Pancrase are showing some sort of compilation show. That and pro wrestling might have to hold us over.

Last year many of us who bought tickets for Glory got fucked over when they decided to be a part of the NYE card.

Shinya Aoki vs Tatsuya Kawajiri II @ 145
Sergei Kharitonov vs Mirko Cro Cop/Aleks Emelianenko
Yushin Okami vs Roger Gracie/Mamed Khalidov
Renzo gracie vs Kotetsu Boku or Renzo vs Sakuraba NJPW
Minowaman vs Rousimar Palharres
bibiano Fernandes vs masakatsu Ueda
Melvin Manhoef vs Maiquel Falcao
Tyrone Spong vs Mizuno
James Thomson vs Tony Johnson Jr
Jens Pulver vs Caol Uno
Zoro vs Hirota

If they're doing it, do it. It will take a card of this magnatude to reignite JMMA.

That would be a great card

The NYE show last year was very last minute. I doubt there was even solid plans for a show months out, let alone AXS attempting to secure a TV deal for it that far in advance. The event wasn't even confirmed until the end of October.

I do remember Voice saying on Twitter AXS couldn't reach a deal though ($$$$).

To be honest, I don't blame AXS if they don't feel the live show is feasible anymore. I am surprised and forever grateful we got a good 3-4 years of a live JMMA show every other month or so. Not to mention the live K-1 events.

The satellite feed for a marathon 9 hour+ show can't be cheap for what ultimately is a tiny niche audience of a niche channel tuning in.

It was unreal having DREAM, K-1, and SRC all on AXS then. Wish that was still the case.

AXS was trying to get the NYE show but lost out to CBS Sports last year (and live Internet iPPV).

no it's not. it's easier for you and easier for us......no need to scroll for ever.

It's more difficult cause you got to copy and paste. Too much work for these posts. It's a lot quicker to just hit reply.

lol
TS is so ignorant.
INOKI BOM-BA-YE (proresu) is the origin of NYE event in Japan.

WTF are you talking about???? Inoki is planning an pro wrastling IGF card with a couple MMA fights like IGF has been doing and did last NYE.

This is not an Inoke Bom Ba MMA card.

Last year many of us who bought tickets for Glory got fucked over when they decided to be a part of the NYE card.

I thought they refunded $$$ or it went toward GLORY/DREAM NYE.

It's more difficult cause you got to copy and paste. Too much work for these posts. It's a lot quicker to just hit reply.

it isnt unless the posts are on diff pages.

id like to see a nye card, i remember the first time i watched one. it was a terrible stream

Then have a combined MMA/boxing card. Whatever. Just need a NYE show and actually GLORY has an event planned for Dec 21st in Japan.

Still sleeping I see. Boxing was in shadow of mma/k1 for 10 years. Why should they share
a cake when they can make their own card.

And dec 21 is no near level of new year eve card.

Glory won't help jmma, they brought Dream back one time to fill Saitama arena.

WTF are you talking about???? Inoki is planning an pro wrastling IGF card with a couple MMA fights like IGF has been doing and did last NYE.

This is not an Inoke Bom Ba MMA card.

INOKI BOM-BA-YE were originally puroresu event.

Back