International Japan to pay firms to leave China

I thought you were gonna go work oil fields in NoDak?
I never wanted to work NoDak's oil field.. But I did consider going out there. They didn't hire me. They see my education, and the job I'm applying for, and they do not hire me.

I have a weak almost 9 years of employment. 3 years I did work for a semi-retired Doctor who was a friend of the family.

This crisis is going to put this into overdrive. It will take time for the skills to catch up but there will never be more motivation to remove humans from the work force than there is right now. China is now considered an evil country by almost everyone, and people are afraid to have other people handle their goods and services.
@MVelsor

The skills won't catch up without massive government intervention. The unfilled manufacturing jobs are not the low skilled manufacturing jobs of the 50's and 60's that a person could get straight out of high school. And right now, there's no national inclination to provide the type of training that workers will need for this work. That means improving the K-12 educational pipeline. Making college more affordable so that more people have access to the education that they'll need. And improving the trade school apparatus to train for these jobs.

The nation doesn't want to invest in the above and so we're not going to bridge that gap, at least not with people.

Yeah but who is "you." Normal levels of nationalism and respect for workers rights used to be part of civilized human beings make-up. Please don't go global market shill > America worker because globalists wave the "everybody be gay" flags.. Please just be a Dem who "resists" so we can all have a fighting chance, pretty please.
That's a silly response. You want normal levels of nationalism and respect then you have to show it to your entire nation. Let me lay out the psychological problem with your position.

Politician A says "We need to improve the welfare system to protect the lowest of us." A bunch of people respond "No, people should take care of themselves. We shouldn't be asked to give up any of our potential money to help others."

Those same people say "We need to improve the economic system to protect our jobs from foreign labor." Corporations respond "No, people should take care of themselves. We shouldn't be asked to give up any of our potential money to help others."

See the problem? The "I won't help you" mentality that people apply to their fellow citizen then manifests itself in how it's applied to their corporations. OF course their corporations won't preach "Let's sacrifice for the greater good," they're being run by people who won't sacrifice for others at the individual level. And so long as people don't understand that dichotomy, they will continue to lose this battle.

Problem with American corporate culture is zero loyalty to the nation and only concerned about quartely bottom line. So they will sell out the workers, country and think of long term impact on the company to pad that quarterly bottom line. Germany and Japan both have far more long term thinking and loyal business ownership , atleast as far as small to midsize companies go.
Our corporations reflect our population. We've taken the idea that people in need are to blame for their problems. And those of us with money, shouldn't pay a single cent more to help them out. Take that mentality and apply to your corporate culture and you get exactly what we have now.

I don't see how people don't see the parallels. Corporations aren't mindless entities, they're run by people. The guy who says "I refuse to reduce my personal wealth to fund programs for other people who should fix their own situation," is the same guy who says "I refuse to reduce my corporation's bottom line to overpay jobs for people who should fix their own situation."

That is awesome. People should share this on social media. I hope this story goes viral so that leaders of other countries have to take note.

That's a silly response. You want normal levels of nationalism and respect then you have to show it to your entire nation. Let me lay out the psychological problem with your position.

Politician A says "We need to improve the welfare system to protect the lowest of us." A bunch of people respond "No, people should take care of themselves. We shouldn't be asked to give up any of our potential money to help others."

Those same people say "We need to improve the economic system to protect our jobs from foreign labor." Corporations respond "No, people should take care of themselves. We shouldn't be asked to give up any of our potential money to help others."

See the problem? The "I won't help you" mentality that people apply to their fellow citizen then manifests itself in how it's applied to their corporations. OF course their corporations won't preach "Let's sacrifice for the greater good," they're being run by people who won't sacrifice for others at the individual level. And so long as people don't understand that dichotomy, they will continue to lose this battle.
How old are you? Are you old enough to realize that they have easily flipped Dems (like you) stance completely in these issues in less than 15 years? You are making the 1998-2008 Republican argument that cause that party to become obsolete. You are making the left obsolete.

How old are you? Are you old enough to realize that they have easily flipped Dems (like you) stance completely in these issues in less than 15 years? You are making the 1998-2008 Republican argument that cause that party to become obsolete. You are making the left obsolete.

You didnt even read what he said.

It'll be a minute.

Future of Manufacturing: The Jobs Are Here, But Where Are The People?

For more than two centuries, the manufacturing industry has adopted new technologies and provided new jobs for workers. Today, the industry is experiencing exciting and exponential change, as technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and Internet of Things (IoT) are rapidly changing the workplace. While some predicted that these new technologies would eliminate jobs, we have found the reverse—more jobs are actually being created.

The study reveals that the skills gap may leave an estimated 2.4 million positions unfilled between 2018 and 2028, with a potential economic impact of $2.5 trillion. Further, the study shows that the positions relating to digital talent, skilled production, and operational managers may be three times as difficult to fill in the next three years.

I think we should take what NAM says with a grain of salt.

This crisis is going to put this into overdrive. It will take time for the skills to catch up but there will never be more motivation to remove humans from the work force than there is right now. China is now considered an evil country by almost everyone, and people are afraid to have other people handle their goods and services.
In the United States, our memory isn’t that long.

Especially since China has been stealing Japanese intellectual property, just like they have been from everyone else.

The CCP also forces or coerces foreign companies to reveal their intellecutal property if they want to set up companies in China. Chinese workers at foreign set up plants take trade secrets and manufcturing technology and sell or give it to Chinese companies, either for monetary reasons or Nationalistic solidarity.

Or they con them. I heard the scheme goes something like this. They say they want to do a bullet train and start taking bids and proposals from International engineering firms. But they keep asking them for more and more detail until they know everything they plan to do and how it works. Then they award the contract, and the IP they just grifted to a state controlled firm.

Or they con them. I heard the scheme goes something like this. They say they want to do a bullet train and start taking bids and proposals from International engineering firms. But they keep asking them for more and more detail until they know everything they plan to do and how it works. Then they award the contract, and the IP they just grifted to a state controlled firm.
The Chinese stole European and Japanese high speed train technology. Then the Chinese have the nerve to claim they are innovators and others stole their train tech.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704814204575507353221141616

I'm not making the left obsolete nor am I making the old GOP obsolete. I'm making the same points I've always made. What's changed is that I've realized that you cannot promote bootstraps to the poor and then demand noblesse oblige from your corporations. If you want a culture where your corporations look out for your labor then you need a culture where your middle and upper class look out for your poor.

It's a simple "do unto others" philosophy. Because so long as you promote "fuck my neighbor" on an individual level, you will also promote " fuck my neighbor" in your boardrooms.

How the fuck you gotta a Nate Diaz themed username/avatar combo and yet you're complaining about "ghetto trash ebonics talk"?

Thank you for articulating my immediate reaction to that comment.

I'm not making the left obsolete nor am I making the old GOP obsolete. I'm making the same points I've always made. What's changed is that I've realized that you cannot promote bootstraps to the poor and then demand noblesse oblige from your corporations. If you want a culture where your corporations look out for your labor then you need a culture where your middle and upper class look out for your poor.

It's a simple "do unto others" philosophy. Because so long as you promote "fuck my neighbor" on an individual level, you will also promote " fuck my neighbor" in your boardrooms.

You're entirely right.

Anybody, no matter their side now realizes that grocery clerks, people who stock food, truck drivers, nurses, paramedics etc are the arteries of nations. The heart and Blood.

But still, while the easy part is out out of the way, how do we both call out Globalists?

Great move by Japan. Let’s hope it starts a trend.
Common you know how is gonna go.

“Japan?? They are just the parasite on USs balls...”
“China dindunothin... and they are helping us now...”

You're entirely right.

Anybody, no matter their side now realizes that grocery clerks, people who stock food, truck drivers, nurses, paramedics etc are the arteries of nations. The heart and Blood.

But still, while the easy part is out out of the way, how do we both call out Globalists?
I have no idea what people mean by the globalists. It's never defined in a way that is consistent across conversations. The one world gov't thing (which I think isn't real). The nations shouldn't have borders thing (which I also think isn't a real position held by anyone). The global economy thing (which is a real thing but it's always been the norm, people claiming otherwise are trying to rewrite history - international trade is older than ancient Egypt).

Back