Japan Soda Pop Co. to Place Ad on the Moon

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So who wants some Pocari Sweat.

Japanese drink manufacturer Otsuka will be delivering a 1 kilogram (2.2lb) can of its delicious, hilariously namedPocari Sweat soft drink to the moon in 2015.

The can has been specially designed to last 30 years in space, with the company hoping that it will inspire young people to become astronauts so that they one day can travel to the lunar surface and guzzle down some Pocari Sweat. And just in case you thought this was purely a marketing stunt, Otsuka says it's not delivering*just*a dose of Pocari Sweat powder - the can will also contain metal discs engraved with "children's dreams." Up till May 2015, you cansubmit your own dreams*as well via smartphone in time for the October 2015 delivery.

The can-o'-dreams will be delivered to the moon by the Falcon 9 rocket, which has already made three successful supply runs to the International Space Station.

Otsuka is partnering with Astrobotic Technology, whose Griffin lander will be depositing the can on the moon's surface. With this stunt, Astrobotic is also rumoured to be aiming for*Google's $20 million Lunar X prize, a reward to the first company to send a device to the moon that can travel 500 metres on the surface send high-definition photographs back to Earth.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/05/1...ompany-to-put-first-advertisement-on-the-moon

OMG DO NOT ADVERTISE ON THE FUCKING MOON!!!!!!

This shit will lead to big, neon signs the size of Colorado, advertising for penis enlargement on celestial bodies so that we can all see that when we gaze into the night sky.

No. Just no. NO!

It's a fucking can of soda, at least skim through the OP.

You can't advertise on the moon. It looks too small from here. Silly rabbit.

I did.

And I said "THIS WILL LEAD TO...."

And it will. Wait and see. This is a cool little gimmick they're pulling, I get that. But since you're on the internet right now, then you have already seen how advertising grows like a wild vine, ruining things that were once simple and good.

Mark my words, at some point in the future, there WILL be advertising on celestial bodies, and most likely advertising satellites in lower orbit, telling us how we can refinance our homes. That is the future.

If someone can fund a lunar expedition of a construction crew, house them for months on end to complete the work, and work out the logistics of building a vast structure on the surface, then they're obviously either: 1) so far in the future that it's not worth discussing 2) wizards 3) space wizards 4) cartoonish super-villains

You can't advertise on the moon. It looks too small from here. Silly rabbit.

This, and at this point any money backing moon shots is good money.
It's not like they're going to this incredible expense simply for the soda can. Other more important things will be done if only to make the cost worthwhile.

ChairfaceMoon_main.jpg

134391068945.jpg

Pepsi marketing team sweating bullets.

But when it arrives they'll find a logo of a bat had already beaten them there (10,000 internets to anybody who gets that reference).

These guys must have been watching Futurama when they thought this up...

They better slow their fucking role on that, last I checked America owned the gotdamn moon, not no Japanese

Back