International Japan Opens Up - Foreign workers are on the way

Japan can import Filipinos, Thais, Vietnamese, etc.
I think they're pragmatic enough not to diversify with the least capable yet most violent and dysfunctional demos from Africa and the ME.

When I was there in the 90's they did have a fair amount of Iranian guest workers , but the Japanese were pretty efficient in moving them on once their time was done .

Hey @uppercutbus, you remember this discussion?

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/un-plot-to-replace-europeans-with-refugees-detailed.3576921

You assume that you're correct. See Pwents and Bald1 post above. Continuous growth is not the only path a country can take nor should it be seen as the only one. For example Japan will suffer from low birth rate but will still come through it in the end and change to accommodate. The continual consumption and continual growth just to line the pockets of those at the top is not a good idea. How desperate does a government need to be to import third world low IQ's who cannot be employed, just to keep consumerism, buying and selling going?

It's not going to work out like they planned. They expect these third worlders to procreate, who with? The native white women? No they'll eventually let them import their goats and 7 other family members.

And I am correct about the complete narrative change on your part. I don't want to hear no more from you and your ilk about war and refugees.

Japan is probably the dumbest example you could have used considering that they themselves consider their declining birthrates an issue of national importance. Like, holy fuck, how could you have fucked that up more?

Japan isn't taking up your solution. That's the point, Germany's method is pretty retarded. You're talking like Germany's approach has succeeded and everything's fine.

Also you forgot about my narrative change comment, the right was calling out the war and refugee arguments as bullshit and have been proven right.

Japan is the exception, not the rule. And even then, they're experiencing economic issues in the meantime while they try and blaze their own trail. Kinda hard to point to them as bucking the trend of economic contraction when they're having to beg older people to stay in their jobs to avoid economic contraction.

The "narrative" comment was useless, hence why I didn't address it. I don't put forth any narratives, so if you're going to try and tell me off, you're going to have to do better than that. Try something based in reality.

Time to pay your respects.

They could open the borders completely and there still wouldn't be much of a flow of immigrants into their country, because the work culture in Japan is brutal.

I think the Japanese will find the attitude and work-ethic of foreigners to be a little lacking compared to their own.[which is over the top]

Japan is overcrowded . A lower population would be good, but the problem is that the % of elderly vs. % of young able bodied workers is not in Japan's favor, thus they need to bring in migrant workers, because how else are they going to keep the country humming along and the elderly taken care of. Automation can only go so far.

One of the perceptions of them being overcrowded is that many of them left the country side areas and settled in the bigger cities. Which was sad for many of them. Going from living in a house out in the village areas to living in a capsule/closet.

Eh, it's not settled if Japan still is taken the Germany Africa/ME third worlder approach. We don't know what countries they're focusing their immigration from. The fact that they're keeping it a secret is a concern though. They haven't labelled it as replacement migration either where they expect them to procreate, meaning family reunification is not on the table for these "workers".

Most Malaysians are Muslim, and virtually all Indonesians are too.
Man, Indonesian muslims are the most moderate of all. In 2016 I was in Jakarta. On multiple occasions women would approach me to take a picture with me. Hugging me in from of their family with no problem.

I think the Japanese will find the attitude and work-ethic of foreigners to be a little lacking compared to their own.[which is over the top]

Did you watch the video on post #35? Japan's hour to productivity ratio is crap.

A lot of corporate jobs in Japan involve staying at your desk and making it look like you are busy.

Source: I lived in Japan for 3 years.

Luckily for Japan their political system, corporate establishment, mass media and entertainment industry isn't filled with interlopers and their brain washed lackeys who hate Japan and see immigration as a punishment and some act of revenge.
Here's an article from last year, there have been a few similar in the past with the same idea.

Japanese Economist Uses Sweden as Example in Warning Against Mass Migration
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...as-example-in-warning-against-mass-migration/

We'll see if this is a smokescreen for un-vetted mass migration from incompatible cultures with the aim to increase their birth rates (replacement migration). Or if it's what they say and legit workers. Nothing indicates to me Japan as a whole even the politicians want what Germany and Sweden want. Which has failed to accomplish their assurances of paying for pensions, employment (good for the economy), assimilation etc.

I appreciate those on the right with the balls to openly state that they oppose legal immigration as much as they do illegal when it includes the "wrong" colored immigrants. You are an honest and accurate spokesperson for the Trump base. You are the man who disproves the charge of "strawman". Keep it up.

But don't forget, liberals use the "racist" charge way too much.

Did you watch the video on post #35? Japan's hour to productivity ratio is crap.

A lot of corporate jobs in Japan involve staying at your desk and making it look like you are busy.

Source: I lived in Japan for 3 years.
That doesn't surprise me.

Japan's skills test for foreign workers off to a rough start
First test for prospective restaurant workers to be given to just 338 applicants

RYOSUKE EGUCHI, Nikkei staff writer April 01, 2019 17:40 JST

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%2Fimages%2F6%2F1%2F2%2F2%2F20042216-1-eng-GB%2F%E7%89%B9%E5%AE%9A%E6%8A%80%E8%83%BD%EF%BC%B020190327145320047_Data.jpg

(The skills test for restaurant workers will be administered to 338 applicants in April, a tiny fraction of the 53,000 foreign workers the industry expects to hire over the next five years.)

TOKYO -- Japan is relaxing work visa requirements in the food service industry to deal with a chronic labor shortage, but the number of workers who can take the first qualification exams will be limited because industry bodies responsible for developing the tests have not had enough time to prepare for the event.

The revised immigration control and refugee recognition act took effect on Monday. It introduces a new visa category that allows foreign workers employed in 14 types of jobs, including nursing care, restaurants and construction, to remain in the country for up to five years.

The agriculture ministry, in cooperation with a trade group, the Japan Foodservice Association, or JF, has devised a skills test to ensure that prospective restaurant workers can do the job. But with limited time to prepare, the first test, scheduled for April, will have only 338 examinees, a tiny fraction of the tens of thousands of foreign workers the industry expects to hire in the next few years.

Two more skills tests, one for hotel workers and another for those seeking jobs in nursing care, will also be rolled out in April.

The Organization for Technical Skill Assessment of Foreign Workers in Food Industry, which conducts the exam, released information for test-takers on March 20, subject to final revision by the ministry.

The first round will be held in Tokyo and Osaka. An additional testing site is planned for Vietnam, although details have yet to be finalized. Results will be announced by the end of May.

The 338 test slots available were filled on March 22, the first day of the application period, which had been scheduled to run through March 29. In light of the industry's expected hiring of 53,000 new foreign workers over the next five years, the cap on testing slots was tight. Shinichiro Takaoka, the head of JF, said he has asked for more tests to be held in Japan.

The exam covers hygiene, food and drink preparation and customer service. A study guide published by JF includes basic facts about food poisoning, steps to check the safety of perishable ingredients, the names of cuts of meat and fish, and serving etiquette.

The types of employment covered under the revised immigration act were decided in late December after the bill passed that month. With just three months to draw up the food industry test, make study materials available and find testing venues, there was little chance of accommodating a large number of examinees.

One person with a fast-food restaurant operator that hires foreign students for part-time positions said people are "not well aware of [the test] in the first place."

An insider with another restaurant operator said the study material seems too difficult for foreign workers with limited Japanese language skills. "It includes technical terms," the insider said. Workers from abroad "may be able to carry on day-to-day conversation in Japanese, but it's difficult for them to understand everything in the booklet."

Last edited:
Man, Indonesian muslims are the most moderate of all. In 2016 I was in Jakarta. On multiple occasions women would approach me to take a picture with me. Hugging me in from of their family with no problem.

That may be true, but any amount of Islam is going to be unacceptable to most Japanese people. And Indonesia, whilst it may not be like Pakistan or Saudi Arabia, still has its hardliners, and they WILL end up in Japan if Japan decides to open its doors to Indonesian immigrants.

Japan's skills test for foreign workers off to a rough start
First test for prospective restaurant workers to be given to just 338 applicants

RYOSUKE EGUCHI, Nikkei staff writer April 01, 2019 17:40 JST

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%2Fimages%2F6%2F1%2F2%2F2%2F20042216-1-eng-GB%2F%E7%89%B9%E5%AE%9A%E6%8A%80%E8%83%BD%EF%BC%B020190327145320047_Data.jpg

(The skills test for restaurant workers will be administered to 338 applicants in April, a tiny fraction of the 53,000 foreign workers the industry expects to hire over the next five years.)

TOKYO -- Japan is relaxing work visa requirements in the food service industry to deal with a chronic labor shortage, but the number of workers who can take the first qualification exams will be limited because industry bodies responsible for developing the tests have not had enough time to prepare for the event.

The revised immigration control and refugee recognition act took effect on Monday. It introduces a new visa category that allows foreign workers employed in 14 types of jobs, including nursing care, restaurants and construction, to remain in the country for up to five years.

The agriculture ministry, in cooperation with a trade group, the Japan Foodservice Association, or JF, has devised a skills test to ensure that prospective restaurant workers can do the job. But with limited time to prepare, the first test, scheduled for April, will have only 338 examinees, a tiny fraction of the tens of thousands of foreign workers the industry expects to hire in the next few years.

Two more skills tests, one for hotel workers and another for those seeking jobs in nursing care, will also be rolled out in April.

The Organization for Technical Skill Assessment of Foreign Workers in Food Industry, which conducts the exam, released information for test-takers on March 20, subject to final revision by the ministry.

The first round will be held in Tokyo and Osaka. An additional testing site is planned for Vietnam, although details have yet to be finalized. Results will be announced by the end of May.

The 338 test slots available were filled on March 22, the first day of the application period, which had been scheduled to run through March 29. In light of the industry's expected hiring of 53,000 new foreign workers over the next five years, the cap on testing slots was tight. Shinichiro Takaoka, the head of JF, said he has asked for more tests to be held in Japan.

The exam covers hygiene, food and drink preparation and customer service. A study guide published by JF includes basic facts about food poisoning, steps to check the safety of perishable ingredients, the names of cuts of meat and fish, and serving etiquette.

The types of employment covered under the revised immigration act were decided in late December after the bill passed that month. With just three months to draw up the food industry test, make study materials available and find testing venues, there was little chance of accommodating a large number of examinees.

One person with a fast-food restaurant operator that hires foreign students for part-time positions said people are "not well aware of [the test] in the first place."

An insider with another restaurant operator said the study material seems too difficult for foreign workers with limited Japanese language skills. "It includes technical terms," the insider said. Workers from abroad "may be able to carry on day-to-day conversation in Japanese, but it's difficult for them to understand everything in the booklet."

Japan should look to Latin Ameria then. So many amazing chefs.

Probably going to be mostly from the Philipins

When I was there in the 90's they did have a fair amount of Iranian guest workers , but the Japanese were pretty efficient in moving them on once their time was done .
If Japan does take in Muslim immigrants they will most likely be mostly from Indonesia and Malaysia, there's no reason to take them in from elsewhere.

Britain and France take in Muslim immigrants from South Asia and North Africa respectively because of their colonial history in those regions but Japan does not have comparable ties to the Islamic world. They did occupy Indonesia and Malaysia during WWII but that was only for ~3 years.

Japan should look to Latin Ameria then. So many amazing chefs.

You can even find people capable of filleting fugu

Funny because it never crossed my mind that the same fish that was in the Simpsons episode was the one we ate every Easter.

In all seriousness, hopefully they get the 'right' workers. Somalians, Afghanistan, Congo etc.

There is a lot of North Africans looking for work right now coming to Europe. In Japan there is unlimited potential for these people to get into Japan's extensive robotics programs for example.

Fucking LOL! No way racist little Japan is letting in all those big scary black Africans.

Its going to be a lot of whites struck with yellow fever getting in.

Back