Japan just discovered 16 million tons of rare earth metals.

translation: "USA wants to steal Japan's natural resources via military"
The U.S. doesn't need to they are on firm ground with Japan it's the country with something to lose (China) who Japan need to worry about.

The U.S. doesn't need to they are on firm ground with Japan it's the country with something to lose (China) who Japan need to worry about.
USA is desperate for rare earth minerals, china...not so much.

USA is desperate for rare earth minerals, china...not so much.
China stands to lose a very lucrative market to Japan, The U.S. and Japan are partners in almost everything it's a good bet that Japan will sell to America at a lower rate.

China stands to lose a very lucrative market to Japan, The U.S. and Japan are partners in almost everything it's a good bet that Japan will sell to America at a lower rate.
chinese consumers are not complaining, they will get cheaper products too.

If it sounds too good to be true it probably isnt. China is a huge massive landscape. Japan just stumbles upon a huge deposit of RARE earth minerals on a tiny little island

<Jaime01> <{hfved}> <AckbarTrap>
Actually on the ocean floor, near their islands.

dosnt point out in the article that they also discovered weapons of mass destruction under all that rare earth....time for some freedom me think

What's stopping China from getting in a submarine and stealing the supply in Japan waters?

Time to change family names to Yoshidastein, Yamamotogoldblatt, Tanakapearlman!

Was there any Technetium or Molybdenum?

What's stopping China from getting in a submarine and stealing the supply in Japan waters?
China hasn’t developed or built that new front end loader submarine or backhoe submarine technology like Japan and the US have.

I remember reading that the other day! Exciting news. With many countries wanting electric vehicles, having more countries, such as Japan, with supplies of rare earth metals is a positive.

I remember reading that the other day! Exciting news. With many countries wanting electric vehicles, having more countries, such as Japan, with supplies of rare earth metals is a positive.

I am shocked.

Is there a different mindset for those that immigrate? The Japanese I know in SF are amongst the coolest open minded and thoughtful people I know

I think some of the older people will always have a hostility towards non-Japanese. I know one of my friends from work in Japan was South Korean and he told me he experienced much of the same attitude. It isn't an outward hate, it's like a mild neglect. I was there for a few years and I made a lot of friends and I think younger people are willing and excited to meet people from outside of their culture but there is an old nationalist piece of their culture, I remember my boss joked that I had risen as high as possible in my company but have hit a glass calling because I am not Japanese. This turned out to be untrue because years later and I still work for this same company. I really loved my time there.

Back