Japan just discovered 16 million tons of rare earth metals.

Is it going to be easy to extract? That is where most of the cost savings from china kick in. They dont give a shit about safety standards

They certainly didnt care about our safety when they bombed Pearl Harbor.

For those wondering just wtf these elements are used for:

Yttrium

Dysprosium

Terbium

Europium

So they are used in television picture tubes. Does anyone even make a television with a picture tube?

I understand how they think it's an endless supply.

What happened?

Maybe I read it wrong but I thought the cliffs were:
-China had dominance on the rare earth metals supply
-China stops some exports to Japan over some type of dispute
-Japan sees if they have their own supply and find an alarming undiscovered amount.
-China eats crow

Maybe I read it wrong but I thought the cliffs were:
-China had dominance on the rare earth metals supply
-China stops some exports to Japan over some type of dispute
-Japan sees if they have their own supply and find an alarming undiscovered amount.
-China eats crow

Oh, I get it. I thought something happened back then that made China regret it. I didn't realize this was the other shoe dropping.

Oh, I get it. I thought something happened back then that made China regret it. I didn't realize this was the other shoe dropping.

Yea. I'd love to know how the higher ups reacted to the news breaking on this. I feel like this happens often though. The free market forces when there is a shortage or control of supply for either a new supply to be found or an alternative to be used. This was a thing I'd constantly see people mention and the concern of China controlling it and just like that, it's a different game.

I just hope they can safely and efficiently extract it.

So they are used in television picture tubes. Does anyone even make a television with a picture tube?

I understand how they think it's an endless supply.
Military and medicine still use CRT

Should've sided with Japan. Stupid Philippians.
images

Nanjan naman ang China eh.

Its hard to sell raw materiels in secret

It wouldn't be about whether or not they will sell it, rather it is about their estimated supply.

Keeping that information secret can be strategic, as can bullshitting about it.

If it was big it would have stayed silience

You don't expose something like that
If it sounds too good to be true it probably isnt. China is a huge massive landscape. Japan just stumbles upon a huge deposit of RARE earth minerals on a tiny little island

<Jaime01> <{hfved}> <AckbarTrap>

"This is a big deal. Therefore, it's obviously not true."

Jesus Christ you fucking people

Last edited:

i wasnt saying what they were saying. my point was very simply that something that is nearly infinite cant also be rare

I believe you misinterpreted ProBoxingInsidr's post.

i wasnt saying what they were saying. my point was very simply that something that is nearly infinite cant also be rare
Rare-earth is just a name for certain elements. They aren't that rare, just very unevenly distributed.

Rare-earth is just a name for certain elements. They aren't that rare, just very unevenly distributed.

And the odds of that RARE unevenly distributed element being clumped together in practically "infinite" quantity on a tiny little Island, only to be discovered just now, just sounds pretty preposterous.

bork1} <{Heymansnicker}>

Back