Japan deploying 1,050 troops to Senkaku islands

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That's quite a few for such small islands. What kind of defensive/offensive tools would they need to realistically hold the area? My guess is if China want to keep pushing the envelope while avoiding truly dangerous encounters they'd want to do something before Japan do. I kind of expect to see China moving ships into the area before Japan can put their troops there. China won't want to let Japan do anything like that without some kind of reaction.

Japanese-Planning-to-Deploy-1050-Troops-to-the-Senkaku-Islands.jpg

The writer of this article gets the names of the islands mixed up then attacks a user in the comments for pointing it out.
http://guardianlv.com/2014/05/japanese-planning-to-deploy-1050-troops-to-the-senkaku-islands/

Last edited:
Theyre going for a triangular offensive to choke off any potential resistance.

The troops are going to get sacrificed.

If I was Japan I'd totally be messing with China....

sounds like a c*ck fight

Troops on that barren rock are useless in a war, but they signal that you control the island. Of course, Japan will rustle China's jimmies with this move. China will probably troll Japan in response and the cycle goes on.

China should wait until Japan gets all the troops securely on the island and then say they don't want that one anymore and pick a different island to declare control over.

If I was Japan I'd totally be messing with China....

Why not, all surrounding Asian countries hate China too. Somebody has to stand up for the neighborhood bully.

Why not, all surrounding Asian countries hate China too. Somebody has to stand up for the neighborhood bully.

Considering that Japan doesn't really have a proffesional fighting force, and China's is one of the biggest in the world...

Troops on that barren rock are useless in a war, but they signal that you control the island. Of course, Japan will rustle China's jimmies with this move. China will probably troll Japan in response and the cycle goes on.

What does the local fauna have to do with fighting a war? Unless you're implying anti-air defence stations and radar grow naturally on the island.

Source seems questionable. More likely Japan is doing some minor thing and hinting at maybe occupying islands and the press is painting it black and white as usual.

The Japanese already control the islands and the US has supported their claim. So if China "reacted" militarily it would be China starting a war.

All you need is Robozilla and all invaders will be aware. :icon_chee It doesn't matter if the island is 5 feet you have to protect your land.

Source seems questionable. More likely Japan is doing some minor thing and hinting at maybe occupying islands and the press is painting it black and white as usual.

The Japanese already control the islands and the US has supported their claim. So if China "reacted" militarily it would be China starting a war.

I agree, plus the islands are so ridiculously tiny that it makes zero sense to put 1000 troops on them. They are literally tiny, bare rocks. It is hard to overstate how miniscule they are. This is why they have never been inhabited, it would be ridiculous. Calling them 'islands' is a serious overstatement.

i have a thread about them doing this. This one of the QRF deployments?

I agree, plus the islands are so ridiculously tiny that it makes zero sense to put 1000 troops on them. They are literally tiny, bare rocks. It is hard to overstate how miniscule they are. This is why they have never been inhabited, it would be ridiculous. Calling them 'islands' is a serious overstatement.

You keep saying that they are literally tiny bare rocks but I don't know why. The total land mass of the islands is 8km long. They can put plenty of defensive tools on those islands.

Can you build an airbase on any of them? i mean i could see them installing early warning radar and air defense sites on them

You keep saying that they are literally tiny bare rocks but I don't know why. The total land mass of the islands is 8km long. They can put plenty of defensive tools on those islands.

I have no idea what "8 km long total land mass" means, but there is one island that is 4 sq. km (roughly 2km by 2km), one that is 1 sq. km, and the rest are like literally tiny rocks. Less than half a square km.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senkaku_Islands

None of them are remotely defensible.

China is bullying Japan? About time if so, they owe them some serious payback for all the shit the Japanese inflicted on them.

The source is sketchy. Big things are going down in the Korean Peninsula, with boyman trying to play with his nuke rockets, puffing his chest to the world.

Back