january 23, 2010 madison square garden

It was an awesome card. I was there. I think Juanma takes Gamboa out. Outside of Matgwa who was only legit because the trouble he gave a weight drained Juanma, Gamboa has not fought anyone in the pros to truly measure his potential. I would like to see Gamboa fight Elios Rojas next. Juanma's beat downs of Luevano and Ponce De Leon are way more impressive than anything Gamboa has done to date. If the fight ever comes off it would be an awesome fight.

I was at the October card in the WAMU at the Garden when Juanma fought Matgwa and my friend sat right behind Rojas(We were sitting in different sections). Interestingly enough, Rojas beat Juanma in the amateurs.

JuanMa has crap footwork. Yeah, Gamboa might be dentable, but he has devil speed and can fight in angles. He fights a patient enough fight, he knocks out JuanMa mid-fight. JuanMa way overrated.

Juma is going to make Gamboa look slow and foolish when they fight and get the KO in the 8th.

I want to know why nether of them have fought Chris john yet.

Why was Matgwa 122 1/2lbs when the fight was @126? (Yes, I'm boxrec'ing )

Juma is going to make Gamboa look slow and foolish when they fight and get the KO in the 8th.
Shirley, you can't be serious.

Shirley.

I want to know why nether of them have fought Chris john yet.

Two reasons:

Too risky, even though I think Gamboa would beat him. Arum still wants his money match

John had some disease that has kept him out.

Roger Matgwa typically fights at 122 or the super bantamweight limit. That's the weight he fought Juanma at in October and most likely the weight he naturally weighs coming out of a full training camp would be my guess is to why he 122.5 the day of weigh ins.

Back