Jan's toughest match ups are in Bellator

Rumble almost got killed by a no name a few months ago dude. If that was Jan in there, Rumble would be dead.

If Jan was his opponent he would have had a lot more footage on him and he would know what his tendencies are and aren't. That's the thing with unknown opponents, you don't know what they are going to do. Rumble got caught by someone he knew very little about and had very little fight footage on. That wouldn't be the case with Jan.

I'm not underestimating Jan, he could beat a lot of the guys I listed, he could also lose to them. You are just ignoring that fighting an unknown opponent is a big advantage for the unknown opponent.

If Jan was his opponent he would have had a lot more footage on him and he would know what his tendencies are and aren't. That's the thing with unknown opponents, you don't know what they are going to do. Rumble got caught by someone he knew very little about and had very little fight footage on. That wouldn't be the case with Jan.
Rumble isn't the man you remember.

Jan would have killed him. No doubt in my mind.

Rumble isn't the man you remember.

Jan would have killed him. No doubt in my mind.

You don't know that, it's been one fight since a long layoff and he fought an unknown opponent who he had very little footage on, this wouldn't be the case if he were to fight Jan. You can't just ignore that, I mean you can but I wouldn't because it matters a lot.

You don't know that, it's been one fight since a long retirement and he fought an unknown opponent who he had very little footage on, this woudln't be the case if he were to fight Jan. You can't just ignore that, I mean you can but I wouldn't because it matters.
There's no way the guy we saw that night beats Jan. He only won at all with fuck you power.

The top 5 in Bellator has more ranked wins than the top 5 in the UFC.
That’s not proof. Why don’t your heroes from Bellator move up to the big leagues? Oh wait.. Most of them already washed out of the big leagues. That’s why they’ve been relegated to the minors.

Go cheer on your heroes with the other 50K that watch those fights. In fact you can even go talk about them over there. In the minor league sub-forum.

There's no way the guy we saw that night beats Jan. He only won at all with fuck you power.

You could also say that he only got caught in the first place cause he was fighting someone he knew very little about and didn't have much footage on and if he had had that footage he wouldn't have gotten caught and would have KOed him easier.

That’s not proof. Why don’t your heroes from Bellator move up to the big leagues? Oh wait.. Most of them already washed out of the big leagues. That’s why they’ve been relegated to the minors.

Go cheer on your heroes with the other 50K that watch those fights. In fact you can even go talk about them over there. In the minor league sub-forum.

The proof you are asking for is impossible, they are under contract and they likely won't get payed more in the UFC when their contracts are up. I gave you the best proof possible, they have more ranked wins.

You could also say that he only got caught in the first place cause he was fighting someone he knew very little about and didn't have much footage on and if he had had that footage he wouldn't have gotten caught and would have KOed him easier.
Sounds to me like you're just making excuses for him dude.

Agreed, TS. Nemkov, Davis and Rumble are bad match ups for Jan. He is a Bisping level champion, only champ owing to favorable circumstances, such as Jones being gone and UFC not signing these other elite LHW's. The fact Glover is fighting for a title again says it all.

I think Bisping was worse. Jan came up at the right time but Bisping was kinda laughable that he was champ. Jan brings it and is a bigger threat than bisping ever was imo.

Sounds to me like you're just making excuses for him dude.

No, I'm just not ignoring reality. If you think being an unknown is not an advantage then you are ignoring reality. It's very hard to predict what someone will do when you don't know anything about them, on the flip side if someone is well known and you have a lot of footage on them it is much easier to predict what they will do. This isn't a difficult concept, it's common sense really.

Last edited:
The proof you are asking for is impossible, they are under contract and they likely won't get payed more in the UFC when their contracts are up. I gave you the best proof possible, they have more ranked wins.
again, davis has more ranked wins than nemkov.......lol.......we're gonna use romero and rumble ranked wins from 5 years ago too......bader hasn't had a ranked win in years.

I didn't say he wasn't well rounded, just that Nemkov is more well rounded.
Elaborate more? What parts are more well rounded? Maybe I drink the Russian Kool Aid too and pay more attention to him.

Elaborate more? What parts are more well rounded? Maybe I drink the Russian Kool Aid too and pay more attention to him.

His kicking game looks a lot better and his clinch game and takedowns are better. Defensively I think they are similarly well rounded but offensively Nemkov has/uses more tools. I think the more diverse offense would allow Nemkov to dictate the action and would win him the fight.

When was the last time most of the worst match ups for the UFC LHW champion were in a different organization? It certainly hasn't happened at LHW since 2007.

Oh I don't disagree with you there but that is not what you said in the OP. You never specified weight class. You said the last time that "something like this" happened. Well, the UFC has never really had HW on lockdown (Affliction, PRIDE, etc), and more recently Strikeforce had them soundly beaten.

If we are limiting it to LHW then you have a point.

Oh I don't disagree with you there but that is not what you said in the OP. You never specified weight class. You said the last time that "something like this" happened. Well, the UFC has never really had HW on lockdown (Affliction, PRIDE, etc), and more recently Strikeforce had them soundly beaten.

If we are limiting it to LHW then you have a point, though I still don't think Bellators LHW roster is a bigger threat to Jan overall.

I specifically mentioned Liddell and UFC/Pride and only mentioned 205ers, I thought everyone would pick up that I was talking about the 205 division.

Most people know that UFC didn't clearly have the best HW division till Strikeforce was out of business.

Overall maybe not but that would be due to pure numbers. I think the worst 4-5 match ups for Jan are Bellator fighters, most of the fights Jan has lost or lost rounds in were due to being outwrestled or out clinched(Anderson, Gus, Cummins, Jacare, maybe Rockhold in round 1).

I specifically mentioned Liddell and UFC/Pride and only mentioned 205ers, I thought everyone would pick up that I was talking about the 205 division.

That's because you were talking about the 205 division being that way right now.
"Something like this" did happen more recently though. Sometimes it's the nuances of the English language.

If you were referring to LHW being the only discussion it shouldn't have been "something like this" but rather just... "the last time this happened".

Semantics I suppose, but I really thought we were talking about another org having the better competition in a division in general.

with bones on the shelf, I agree that bellator has a more interesting lhw division

Back