Jan's toughest match ups are in Bellator

Jan's biggest weakness is his grappling. Almost all the best grapplers are in Bellator. I would favor Nemkov and Rumble over Jan about 7/10, Davis about 6/10 and Bader and Anderson about 5.5/10 mainly due to their chins. The last time something like this happened Liddell was champion in the UFC and his toughest match ups were fellow strikers who were almost all in Pride.
This is nonsense. Jan's recent record is FAR more impressive than any of the names you mentioned. Maybe Rumble (based on power alone) and Nemkov (though his record is subject to the Bellator caveat). Other than that, Jan starches the rest of them and makes it look easy.

This is nonsense. Jan's recent record is FAR more impressive than any of the names you mentioned. Maybe Rumble (based on power alone) and Nemkov (though his record is subject to the Bellator caveat). Other than that, Jan starches the rest of them and makes it look easy.
Records mean nothing if you don't look at who he fought and the style match ups. You are overrating the hell out of Jan.

Lots of people favor lots of guys over Jan. Before Glover, when is the last fight Jan was a betting favorite in?

Everyone is a "bad style" match for Jan until he hits them.
It sounds like you are describing people that know nothing about MMA. Jan's biggest strength is clearly his striking, Prime Gus used his grappling to beat him. I give Glover a better chance against Jan than someone like Rockhold who has shit takedowns or Reyes who has practically no grappling offense.

Anyone who claimed Rockhold or Reyes were bad match ups for Jan don't know what the hell they are watching.

UFC casuals

18 months ago:
*Adesanya stares down Romero for 25 mins and gets a gift decision*
“Adesanya is the best and he just dismantled a beast in Yoel!”
Today:
*Phil Davis dominates Romero on the feet and on the ground in a decisive and dominant decision*
“I knew Yoel was washed up he couldn’t hang in the big leagues anymore”

UFC casuals are pathetic.
You're just making shit up to fit your narrative. Yoel and Izzy got shit on for that fight.

Yoel is 1-5 in his last 6. So fuck off with that shit.

You're just making shit up to fit your narrative. Yoel and Izzy got shit on for that fight.

Yoel is 1-5 in his last 6. So fuck off with that shit.
He is going too far but most posters in the heavies that were picking someone in this fight were picking Romero and a lot of people in the heavies are now saying Romero is washed up when they weren't saying that prior to him losing to Davis.

Agreed, TS. Nemkov, Davis and Rumble are bad match ups for Jan. He is a Bisping level champion, only champ owing to favorable circumstances, such as Jones being gone and UFC not signing these other elite LHW's. The fact Glover is fighting for a title again says it all.

Oh common... People thought Bisping clearly isn't the best in his division in the UFC.
I don't think people think Jan isn't even top 5 in his division in the UFC.

And yet Jan is the undisputed champion in the number 1 outfit on the planet. He’ll beat Glover, then Jiri. I doubt he gives a damn about the guys in the minors.
Claims #1 outfit then lists Glover as next title contender lmao. What a joke.

Jan dismantled and subbed Krylov.
I see Kyrlov beating Johnson and Davis, but losing to Corey Anderson.

Jan did not accidentally KO and stiffen Corey Anderson. I'm heavily favoring Anderson to win the Bellator GP, then the Jan haters can take a seat.

He is going too far but most posters in the heavies that were picking someone in this fight were picking Romero and a lot of people in the heavies are now saying Romero is washed up when they weren't saying that prior to him losing to Davis.

Were people really picking Yoel? Most people I saw picked Davis.

Funny that you mention grapplers and then mention Rumble, who is a horrible grappler and who got rocked by a nobody after a long layoff. I'd have Jan as a favorite, unfortunately he has some serious illness, so who knows when we'll see Rumble again.

Nemkov is very good, he could contend. Davis is inconsistent, when he faces good opposition he either wins or loses close fights where he looks largely inactive for long periods. Never gets embarrassed, but also doesn't look impressive. I can see why he got cut. I feel like Jan might outwork him.

Ankalaev, Jiri and Rakic are a way better top 3 than Bader, Anderson and Davis though.

Bellator LHW is the A leagues. When will you ppl realize you’re watching the minors? Dudes really getting excited about 40 year old LHWs yet they call Bellator the retirement home lol. Phil davis and rumble are “past their prime” but Glover and Jan are “at the top” lol.

UFC casuals

18 months ago:
*Adesanya stares down Romero for 25 mins and gets a gift decision*
“Adesanya is the best and he just dismantled a beast in Yoel!”
Today:
*Phil Davis dominates Romero on the feet and on the ground in a decisive and dominant decision*
“I knew Yoel was washed up he couldn’t hang in the big leagues anymore”

UFC casuals are pathetic.

Seek help

Bellator's top 5 is clearly better at LHW.
UFC:
Champ: Jan
1. Glover
2. Jiri
3. Rakic
4. Santos
5. Reyes

Bellator:
Champ: Nemkov
1. Bader
2. Anderson
3. Davis
4. Johnson
5. Anglickas

Let's say Jan and Nemkov are equal champions, Glover and Bader are solid contenders, same for Jiri and Anderson, same for Rakic and Davis, post injury Santos and washed Johnson are on par, Reyes is much better than Anglickas.

Also, after Jan will defeat Texeira he will probably retire, so there will be new face in the rankings and Bellator Brigade will stop talking all the time about poor Glover. Soon in UFC top 5 there will probably be Ankalaev, Smith will have his chance in December against Rakic and if he will success people won't shit on him anymore and Johnny Walker can replace post injury Santos after their scheduled bout. After top 5, UFC has much deeper talent pool and new names like Almeida, Murzakanov are coming in. There is really no comparison. Bellator LHW division is not bad but it's not better than UFC LHW division. People are pushing this false narrative only because Jones left and Jan is the champ. They are pointing out his 8 loses but Oliveira has 8 loses too. At last there is an obvious reason why Rumble went to the Bellator instead of the UFC. It's because doping control is not as strict there. So with Bellator you never know if their athletes would perform the same under USADA.

Funny that you mention grapplers and then mention Rumble, who is a horrible grappler and who got rocked by a nobody after a long layoff. I'd have Jan as a favorite, unfortunately he has some serious illness, so who knows when we'll see Rumble again.

Nemkov is very good, he could contend. Davis is inconsistent, when he faces good opposition he either wins or loses close fights where he looks largely inactive for long periods. Never gets embarrassed, but also doesn't look impressive. I can see why he got cut. I feel like Jan might outwork him.

Ankalaev, Jiri and Rakic are a way better top 3 than Bader, Anderson and Davis though.
Rumble was the only non grappler I mentioned but his defensive wrestling is strong and the unknown guy who rocked him has very good striking and him being unknown makes him a lot more unpredictable than someone like Jan who Rumble would have a lot of film on him.

UFC: Bellator:
Champ: Jan Champ: Nemkov
1. Glover 1. Bader
2. Jiri 2. Anderson
3. Rakic 3. Davis
4. Santos 4. Johnson
5. Reyes 5. Anglickas

Let's say Jan and Nemkov are equal champions, Glover and Bader are solid contenders, same for Jiri and Anderson, same for Rakic and Davis, post injury Santos and washed Johnson are on par, Reyes is much better than Anglickas.

Also, after Jan will defeat Texeira he will probably retire, so there will be new face in the rankings and Bellator Brigade will stop talking all the time about poor Glover. Soon in UFC top 5 there will probably be Ankalaev, Smith will have his chance in December against Rakic and if he will success people won't shit on him anymore and Johnny Walker can replace post injury Santos after their scheduled bout. After top 5 UFC has much deeper talent pool and new names like Almeida, Murzakanov are coming in. There is really no comparison. Bellator LHW division is not bad but it's not better than UFC LHW division. People are pushing this false narrative only because Jones left and Jan is the champ. They are pointing out his 8 loses but Oliveira has 8 loses too. At last there is an obvious reason why Rumble went to the Bellator instead of the UFC. It's because doping control is not as strict there. So with Bellator you never know if their athletes would perform the same under USADA.
You lost me at "Reyes is much better than Anglickas." Reyes has fought much tougher competition but to suggest he's much better than Julius is ludicrous and pure homerism. You've never seen Anglickas fight that's for sure.

You lost me at "Reyes is much better than Anglickas." Reyes has fought much tougher competition but to suggest he's much better than Julius is ludicrous and pure homerism. You've never seen Anglickas fight that's for sure.

I don't know how Anglickas gets on against Reyes. I don't think he can take him down, so it comes down to the boxing. Julius is a little more technical, Reyes a little faster and more powerful.

I saw him and Reyes is much better. Reyes is still one of the best but people quickly forgot.
He won against freaking Jon Bones Jones.

Back