Jan's striking

I think some guys hit like a whip and others hit like a sledgehammer, he's got that bludgeoning type of power, in the Reyes fight every time they exchanged it's like he just plowed through Dominic like a Polish combine harvester
Great description of Jan's kind of power.

Jan is stiff at times and can get sloppy but there are mny good things in his approach. Very underrated jab, a sneaky check left hook ( the one finished reyes and rockhold), solid kicks( on´t forget he was outkicking santos until he got caught).

It's super herky jerky and at times sloppy and ugly. His flurries are especially egregious. But... He still wins, wtf is going on with jan. Can someone please point out the intricacies in his style? I like him but his striking is nauseating sometimes. What is he doing right? Also with the polish power thing, why did he take so long to start knocking fools out? Also is he a nightmare matchup for long rangey fighters? (krylov, reyes, etc)? I'm not hating, just looking for answers.
tenor.gif

Good jab, good lead kicks, good vision. Izzy couldn't really surprise him with anything.

If he can figure out range and timing, he is hard to hit and lands pretty well.

He said himself that in Jacare fight he couldn't quite figure out timing and distance, so that's why this particular fight turned out pretty ugly.

Back