Jan's striking

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
It's super herky jerky and at times sloppy and ugly. His flurries are especially egregious. But... He still wins, wtf is going on with jan. Can someone please point out the intricacies in his style? I like him but his striking is nauseating sometimes. What is he doing right? Also with the polish power thing, why did he take so long to start knocking fools out? Also is he a nightmare matchup for long rangey fighters? (krylov, reyes, etc)? I'm not hating, just looking for answers.

Last edited:
you know the ufc has to hype up fights right... no such thing as polish power lol

It's super herky jerky and at times sloppy and ugly. His flurries are especially egregious. But... He still wins, wtf is going on with jan. Can someone please point out the intricacies in his style? I like him but his striking is nasmuseating sometimes. What is hd doing right? Also with the polish power thing, why did take so long to start knocking fools out? Also is he a nightmare matchup for long rangey fighters? (krylov, reyes, etc)? I'm not hating, just looking for answers.
Polish Power comes on later in life.

I don't find it nasmuseating at all.

He seems very good at figuring out guys timing and then countering them. He's definitely better as a counter striker. He has nasty kicks at range, too, which typically make people come in on him and play into his hands. Not entirely unlike Izzy in that regards.

I haven’t seen many of his fights, but from the clips I’ve seen, he just tries to maul people. Bull rush them with heavy strikes. I don’t see that working well against Izzy, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes Izzy either

His striking is fine. His movement isnt flashy but effective.
About that Polish Power thing, thats form of patriotism in my opinion.

I think some guys hit like a whip and others hit like a sledgehammer, he's got that bludgeoning type of power, in the Reyes fight every time they exchanged it's like he just plowed through Dominic like a Polish combine harvester

So sorry guys meant jan. Was listening to someone talk about jiri. Then typed jiri
Agree... his flurries with his chin up in the air are hilarious. Izzy willa have so much fun there.

Still dude can take a punch and hits like a truck and has become patient. His kicks are pretty nasty too.

Back