Rumored Jan's size advantage exaggerated?

Jan is wide. Big shoulders and back.
Izzy is very narrow but has a larger waist, hips, and thighs ratio.
You can tell Israel is powerfully built in his core, hips and legs. And it shows in his fights too. His skinny arms throw people off. Whittaker's old coach on the Grange TV podcast says Israel looks a lot bigger in person

You can see Jan has a pretty big frame, makes Costa look small.

never would have imagined seeing Costa get out angled that bad. Coujj oh d have affected his performance in the fight if anyone let him know

We will find out soon enough.

For all we know Izzy could have been height cutting all along.

UFC weights and heights are the most accurate in town after the WWE.

Maybe this will put Jan’s size into perspective, here Blanchowicz is next to 260-280lb Marius Pudzianowski...
mario-janek.jpg

You can tell Israel is powerfully built in his core, hips and legs. And it shows in his fights too. His skinny arms throw people off. Whittaker's old coach on the Grange TV podcast says Israel looks a lot bigger in person
Fighters of african decent have strong hips an legs, even if they look thin. Jones, even with the chicken legs, Romero, Francis, Rozen, Izzy, Overeem, Marty, etc all have powerful legs and hips which helps them in the grappling, kicking game, balance and overall power.
They got that junk in the trunk.

On fight night he will be bigger than Izzy. His walk around weight is probably much higher than Izzys

Reyes looks two weightclasses above Israel, and Jan made Reyes look like a fragile twig in their fight.

je24vZ1.png

That's because Reyes is an athlete. Don't you forget it.

How is Jan only 220lbs lol?

Jan looks 225+. We know Jones was 224.5 against Smith or Santos (forgot which one).

Rakic looks 235 in there haha.
He said that he feels best fighting at 100kg so I assume that's what he's aiming for, someone said he fought at 218 but I have no source for that.

I think there will be a smaller difference in fight night weight of Jan/Izzy compared to Paulo/Izzy.

Izzy seems like he is simply not cutting weight, but I do believe he is adding a bit of muscle, not too much. He will likely be around 205 fight night. Whereas Jan is around 215-220 fight night. Likely around 10-15 lb difference max.

Meanwhile Izzy was like 185-190 max against Paulo, who rehydrates up to 210+. Easily at least a 20 pound difference

What did you think that Jan was cutting like 40 pounds to make LHW or something? No i do not think the size advantage is overstated at all hes just clearly the bigger guy

Jan is only 1 inch shorter (Izzy is listed at 6'4 but he's clearly closer to 6'3 and was listed at 6'3 most his kickboxing career) and Jan is about 2 times as thick, he's a lot bigger

Back