Rumored Jan's size advantage exaggerated?

Reyes looks two weightclasses above Israel, and Jan made Reyes look like a fragile twig in their fight.

je24vZ1.png
Lol guys, are you really comparing here Adesanya, Costa who cut weight to 84 with Blachowicz who cuts to 93? Ofc he is gonna be bigger looking, when you watch them before fights.
Anyway, its a high weigh class and weight matters here less than in lower weight classes.
Lets take in mind also that, Adesanya wont cut any weight and is gonna weight probably 204-208 pounds, so he will be in 100% of his body potential.
If you cut weight you will always loose some %.

Last edited:
Who said that izzy is a big middleweight?

A 30 pound difference isn't a very big difference between a fighter fighting at 185 and 205, especially when we can most likely assume that the lower weight guy is going to be putting on mass for the match up.

But hey, I guess that we'll find out soon enough
Adesanya isn't putting on mass, he's just not cutting weight. Could benefit him, or can back fire on him. We'll soon find out.

Isnt Jan reported to be 218lbs in the cage or something around that...

I guess Izzy will be about 207/208 and pretty lean.

The differece will not be bigger than the Costa fight and we all know what happened there.

View attachment 836586

Yea he’s not monster huge but the dude is big. Def a class larger than Israel and most MWs.

Luke was huge for this fight, looked like he was on a much heavier cycle than usual, he was carrying a lot of muscle for this fight. Jan is just a dense dude. built like a brick shit house, big bones, large frame.

Sure he is bigger, but I've heard him described as some huge monster, I think even DC said something similar who himself is the biggest confirmed LHW at 236lbs.

According to Jan himself he tries to fight around 220lbs which would make him sort of average, Izzy saying he'd be around 207lbs I believe.

mqdefault.jpg
when people were talkin about how big costa was i said the same. not sure it applies here tho jan is bigger than costa

Isnt Jan reported to be 218lbs in the cage or something around that...

I guess Izzy will be about 207/208 and pretty lean.

The differece will not be bigger than the Costa fight and we all know what happened there.
i disagree on this. i tihnk jan will have more weight advantage than costa.

Jan confirmed that he prefers to weigh-in during the fight between 216-220 lbs. Normally he walks around 230 lbs. Comparing him to Costa isn't a good idea though. He is taller than him, has a much bigger reach and he is broader than Paulo. He will be the biggest opponent Israel faced in MMA up to this point.

It’s not a huge advantage, but he is clearly the bigger fighter...

That being said, Adesanya should still win this fight.

Any weight that Jan has over Izzy will be inconsequential in this fight.

He won't be able to grab or touch Izzy in this fight, and he's going to be markedly slower.

Sure he is bigger, but I've heard him described as some huge monster, I think even DC said something similar who himself is the biggest confirmed LHW at 236lbs.

According to Jan himself he tries to fight around 220lbs which would make him sort of average, Izzy saying he'd be around 207lbs I believe.

mqdefault.jpg

How is Jan only 220lbs lol?

Jan looks 225+. We know Jones was 224.5 against Smith or Santos (forgot which one).

Rakic looks 235 in there haha.

Jan is wide. Big shoulders and back.
Izzy is very narrow but has a larger waist, hips, and thighs ratio.

The idea of Adesanya being undersized at mw is over exaggerated, especially when the same people say that costa is massive for the weighclass. Costa isn't profoundly bigger than Adesanya but just has more beach muscle.

Yeah, jan will be bigger but I'm not buying into this idea that izzy isn't bulking up at all for the move up and if he wins he'll likely stay at LHW.

So that's a long way of saying that Jan will be bigger but he won't make Adesanya look disproportionately undersized.
I haven't seen many people say Israel's undersized at MW... with his height and reach it'd be real hard to be undersized at MW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back