Rumored Jan's size advantage exaggerated?

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sure he is bigger, but I've heard him described as some huge monster, I think even DC said something similar who himself is the biggest confirmed LHW at 236lbs.

According to Jan himself he tries to fight around 220lbs which would make him sort of average, Izzy saying he'd be around 207lbs I believe.

mqdefault.jpg

The idea of Adesanya being undersized at mw is over exaggerated, especially when the same people say that costa is massive for the weighclass. Costa isn't profoundly bigger than Adesanya but just has more beach muscle.

Yeah, jan will be bigger but I'm not buying into this idea that izzy isn't bulking up at all for the move up and if he wins he'll likely stay at LHW.

So that's a long way of saying that Jan will be bigger but he won't make Adesanya look disproportionately undersized.

The idea of Adesanya being undersized at mw is over exaggerated, especially when the same people say that costa is massive for the weighclass. Costa isn't profoundly bigger than Adesanya but just has more beach muscle.

Yeah, jan will be bigger but I'm not buying into this idea that izzy isn't bulking up at all for the move up and if he wins he'll likely stay at LHW.

So that's a long way of saying that Jan will be bigger but he won't make Adesanya look disproportionately undersized.

Izzy comfortably makes 185. He is not a big mw. Jan is only 6.2 but he's very dense, they are separated by at least 30 pounds

People who have spent time with him on multiple occasions agree. Jones, Cormier, chael, Winkle John and his own coach etc all agree

Blachowisz is a slow 38 yr old with brawler skills.
Adesanya will win easily imo.
Cool fight nevertheless though

Jan has wide shoulders and huge lats , that we cant see in the picture. He also is only 2 inches shorter in reach and height compared to Izzy. He is much bigger than Izzy.

Sure he is bigger, but I've heard him described as some huge monster, I think even DC said something similar who himself is the biggest confirmed LHW at 236lbs.

According to Jan himself he tries to fight around 220lbs which would make him sort of average, Izzy saying he'd be around 207lbs I believe.

mqdefault.jpg
Mass and bone density. It won't be super obvious in pictures but there will be a size difference even if Adesanya is a bit taller.

Izzy comfortably makes 185. He is not a big mw. Jan is only 6.2 but he's very dense, they are separated by at least 30 pounds

People who have spent time with him on multiple occasions agree. Jones, Cormier, chael, Winkle John and his own coach etc all agree
Who said that izzy is a big middleweight?

A 30 pound difference isn't a very big difference between a fighter fighting at 185 and 205, especially when we can most likely assume that the lower weight guy is going to be putting on mass for the match up.

But hey, I guess that we'll find out soon enough

Izzy is 6,3".
Yan is 6,2".

Kinda Exaggerated but Yan definitely holds more mass on his frame.

Who said that izzy is a big middleweight?

A 30 pound difference isn't a very big difference between a fighter fighting at 185 and 205, especially when we can most likely assume that the lower weight guy is going to be putting on mass for the match up.

But hey, I guess that we'll find out soon enough

30 pounds?
Rockhold, weidman and chael are all on record saying otherwise..

Reyes looks two weightclasses above Israel, and Jan made Reyes look like a fragile twig in their fight.

je24vZ1.png

Do you think they also gave each fighter a different sized stool?

The camera is just distorting the size differences due to their positions

Back