Janitor's Annual Pay: $26K. UFC Fighter's Annual Pay: $25K

I see. So because the UFC pays a few thousand more than the other orgs, the fighters should fall onto their knees in gratitude. Gotcha.

The shills are out in force today.

Jake Shields made 75/75 when he was cut.

He now makes 35/35 at WSOF.

Your company is merely one among so many other companies like it in the world.

The UFC is supposedly the world's premier MMA league, and its own President claims it's worth $3.5 Billion and comparable to the NHL and MLB.

The starting salary in Microsoft should be higher than the starting salary in ABC software co, should it not?

And by the way, thanks for letting me know that a "junior investigator" in XYZ company makes more than an athlete in a premier sports league worth $3.5 Billion.

UFC isn't worth $3.5B.

Where did you make this up from?

Not that it matters, a company's evaluation has nothing to do with how much money they have to spend.

In fairness, your arguments are weak as fuck. You have this habit of saying something totally specious, and then when you're called on it you retreat to the ad hominem safe haven of calling other people "shills."

I hope there are people in favor of improved fighter pay who can articulate honest points that hold up to a modicum of scrutiny. You're useless on that frontier.

Every one of my arguments has been backed with documented sources. I am passionate about the fighters because I know many personally, have seen what they go through, and have undergone some of their hardships.

You on the other hand are a troll who wastes his time defending sh*tbird cheaters like Palhares. I'm not surprised you're here in this thread now letting yourself be reamed by Dana & co.

"Dummy".

Is this the illustrious Dana account we have heard so much about?

It' illustrious that the TS is a bona fide dummy. DW doesn't own the word.

You also won't hear of an NFL, NHL , MLB or NFL athlete that picked up the sport in adulthood and found themselves in the premiere league either so let's not pretend like these sports are comparable. They also don't have near the time commitments.

If you actually understood other sports, you

They had to other jobs in the early years of those sports.

The really high pay for those sports didn't come until the last 1/4 of the last century.

And we're in the early years of MMA, so . . .

Not just that, but a lot of minor league MLB players have off-season jobs too.
They understand that being signed by The Yankees doesn't guarantee anything (unless they are a rare top prospect)
They are getting a salary & a chance to move up the ladder to prove themselves & live their dream
Athletes understand that .... some dopey fans do not

The number of people shilling for the UFC on this thread is staggering. I am reminded why almost no fighters post on sherdog these days, unlike when I first joined. I hope the UFC is at least paying you better than it pays the fighters.

Well, one of the last fighters that tried posting here regularly (Richard Walsh) openly said that Zuffa paid him fairly & he received generous bonuses (& he is not exactly a name fighter) & he was bombarded with dolts like you saying he was shilling & that he wasn't being truthful

When did life become fair ?

The last UFC had someone that didn't pick up the sport until their late 20s in the main event. Ovince Saint Priux in the next main event did not pick it up until his 20s.

This sport doesn't have people competing as top level amateurs for years. There are some, but that's hardly a requirement to get into the UFC like it is those other leagues.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying?

yeah but Janitors work really hard 6 days a week, its a hard boring life. they deserved to be paid much more than fighters who show up for a few minutes maybe 3 times a year to hit each other. should be the least paid job in the world if this was a fair world.

Isn't one of the goals of this whole MMA thing to attract the best and the brightest young athletes? Give them incentive to spend those years they could be developing long term skillsets into instead focusing on the short term skills of MMA - in essence, compensating them for spending the best years of their lives getting beat on rather than learning to skills that will keep them comfortable and employed for decades to come?

Athlete pay, at large, is ridiculous... But if you want that 7 foot super athlete playing basketball rather than working his way up on a construction site, you need to give him serious incentives. Other sports get this, and other sport fans get this. MMA fans do what you're doing and act like it's a privilege to be in this sport and that they basically don't deserve to be paid for taking the risk of spending those best and bright years getting beat on rather than developing other skills.

I hope this sport starts paying its athletes decently because I hope that young, potential laden kids will be sitting there looking at their future with MMA being on the table beside college, trades, football, basketball, etc...

lena (TS) being a dummy seems to be one of the few things most Sherdoggers agree on lol

"Most sherdoggers" is not equal to the shills swarming this thread. I can only shake my head at these supposed fans. Their contempt for fighters is staggering.

Isn't one of the goals of this whole MMA thing to attract the best and the brightest young athletes? Give them incentive to spend those years they could be developing long term skillsets into instead focusing on the short term skills of MMA - in essence, compensating them for spending the best years of their lives getting beat on rather than learning to skills that will keep them comfortable and employed for decades to come?

Athlete pay, at large, is ridiculous... But if you want that 7 foot super athlete playing basketball rather than working his way up on a construction site, you need to give him serious incentives. Other sports get this, and other sport fans get this. MMA fans do what you're doing and act like it's a privilege to be in this sport and that they basically don't deserve to be paid for taking the risk of spending those best and bright years getting beat on rather than developing other skills.

I hope this sport starts paying its athletes decently because I hope that young, potential laden kids will be sitting there looking at their future with MMA being on the table beside college, trades, football, basketball, etc...

The highest paid athlete of 2014 and many years before that was a boxer. Where are all the basketball and football sized guys there?

Those guys would also only even be in like two weight classes.

So to prove your point you used a number that you didn't even actually believe?

Let me get this straight. When Dana says fighters are ungrateful and should shut up and take the money, you believe him.

When Dana says the UFC is worth 3.5 billion, you don't believe him.

"Most sherdoggers" is not equal to the shills swarming this thread. I can only shake my head at these supposed fans. Their contempt for fighters is staggering.

Nobody in here has contempt for fighters
Just because others look at something differently than you, doesn't mean they are a 'shill'.
That is why you are getting called out for looking & acting like a dummy

As another poster said, there is a valid argument that fighter pay could be higher (I gave my thoughts that mid-level fighters deserve more), but you are HORRENDOUS at making that point.
You picked a weak angle to make & instead of giving a good counter-point, you immediately yell "you are a shill & hate fighters"

THAT IS VERY DOPEY!

Back