Janitor's Annual Pay: $26K. UFC Fighter's Annual Pay: $25K

25k? Damn thats below our minimum wage from 15 years ago.

You will never hear of an athlete competing in the NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB needing to work a side job to make ends meet. And yet, despite the UFC bragging about its being worth billions, typical fighters have to take side jobs or even resort to crowdfunding.

You also won't hear of an NFL, NHL , MLB or NFL athlete that picked up the sport in adulthood and found themselves in the premiere league either so let's not pretend like these sports are comparable. They also don't have near the time commitments.

again...what happens is pretty much. they're getting paid less from this orgs...but the sponsorship money is where they get more. you can put 100 patches on your shorts and banners for 100 - 200 a piece...and UFC which is the bigger org...may have offered a bigger pay out from their pockets but took away sponsor ship money which really help the whole fighting team of 1 fighter...
Bellator fighters have 100 patches on their shorts? I must be missing that when I watch.

again...what happens is pretty much. they're getting paid less from this orgs...but the sponsorship money is where they get more. you can put 100 patches on your shorts and banners for 100 - 200 a piece...and UFC which is the bigger org...may have offered a bigger pay out from their pockets but took away sponsor ship money which really help the whole fighting team of 1 fighter...

How many pro fighters do you know? How many in Bellator, WSOF or UFC? I know many, I've been good friends with a few UFC fighters for a long time. John Dodson has cornered me in every one of my amateur fights. Out of Jackson's I don't know many if any that have actually lost much sponsorship with the reebok deal. Some are making more. Dodson for example got an even better deal from hayabusa after reebok.

sure the reebok deal has definitely hurt some fighters, but for your average low end fighter they are making much more in the UFC than anywhere else

Executives at my company make hundreds of thousands (because they are the brightest and best employees we have) the junior investigators and researches make 30,000 because they are just starting out. That's how companies work. My company does hundreds of millions in revenue so should all the employees make 100K?

The number of people shilling for the UFC on this thread is staggering. I am reminded why almost no fighters post on sherdog these days, unlike when I first joined. I hope the UFC is at least paying you better than it pays the fighters.

Training to fight IS a full time job.

You have no idea what it takes to become a professional fighter. At least show the fighters the respect they deserve.

If you're a pro mma fighter you're training 4-5-6 days a week, multiple sessions a day. That is a full-time job.

Yes fighters who lose deserve to be cut, that doesn't mean that while they're in the UFC they should be making more money to show. UFC is a multi-billion dollar corporation who probably pay their desk clerks more than they pay fresh fighters.

I

Please show me where a prelim fighter that curtain jerks is making 10-20k in sponsorship to fight in front of hardly anybody on a WSOF card

The number of people shilling for the UFC on this thread is staggering. I am reminded why almost no fighters post on sherdog these days, unlike when I first joined. I hope the UFC is at least paying you better than it pays the fighters.

You are not very bright

You will never hear of an athlete competing in the NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB needing to work a side job to make ends meet. And yet, despite the UFC bragging about its being worth billions, typical fighters have to take side jobs or even resort to crowdfunding.

Why are you comparing fighting to an established team sport? And, in relation to how many pro:s there are in those sports, and how much interest there is, the pay likely reflects that. At any rate, fighting has always been a top heavy sport. It's just the nature of the beast. You make what you can sell.

Executives at my company make hundreds of thousands (because they are the brightest and best employees we have) the junior investigators and researches make 30,000 because they are just starting out. That's how companies work. My company does hundreds of millions in revenue so should all the employees make 100K?

Your company is merely one among so many other companies like it in the world.

The UFC is supposedly the world's premier MMA league, and its own President claims it's worth $3.5 Billion and comparable to the NHL and MLB.

The starting salary in Microsoft should be higher than the starting salary in ABC software co, should it not?

And by the way, thanks for letting me know that a "junior investigator" in XYZ company makes more than an athlete in a premier sports league worth $3.5 Billion.

In fairness, your arguments are weak as fuck. You have this habit of saying something totally specious, and then when you're called on it you retreat to the ad hominem safe haven of calling other people "shills."

I hope there are people in favor of improved fighter pay who can articulate honest points that hold up to a modicum of scrutiny. You're useless on that frontier.

Is that what Bellator and WSOF are doing too, they pay less dummy. The dominant company pays by far the most.

"Dummy".

Is this the illustrious Dana account we have heard so much about?

It’s funny, before the Reebok deal all of you were saying how sponsors didn’t pay shit unless you were a top fighter. Now all of a sudden a no name fighter can make $10-50k per fight off of sponsors fighting for WSOF.

In fairness, your arguments are weak as fuck. You have this habit of saying something totally specious, and then when you're called on it you retreat the ad hominem safe haven of calling other people "shills."

I hope there are people in favor of improved fighter pay who can articulate honest points that hold up to a modicum of scrutiny. You're useless on that frontier.

Excellent reply

IMO the pre-prelim fighters that are trying to move up the ladder are paid very fair
Obviously the top guys are as well
It is the in-between fighters that seem to be the ones that can be paid more

You will never hear of an athlete competing in the NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB needing to work a side job to make ends meet

They had to other jobs in the early years of those sports.

The really high pay for those sports didn't come until the last 1/4 of the last century.

And we're in the early years of MMA, so . . .

Your company is merely one among so many other companies like it in the world.

The UFC is supposedly the world's premier MMA league, and its own President claims it's worth $3.5 Billion and comparable to the NHL and MLB.

It isn't comparable to those though. The MLB? Get real.

Guys in team sports play way more frequently and generate way more revenue than UFCers. A MLB team has 162 games + playoffs to bring in revenue that are generated from roughly a single 40-man roster. UFC has guys generate revenue once, twice, or three times a year.

James harden is being offered $200 million for 13 years sponsorship with Adidas

That's a lot of short-sitedness on Adidas' part. No way does Harden stay relevant that long. Adidas should make a line of janitor wear. Those guys have a lot of visibility and can get the brand some exposure.

Back