Janitor's Annual Pay: $26K. UFC Fighter's Annual Pay: $25K

When trying to do an apples to apples comparison, it's a good idea to pay attention to what you are comparing. First, you pull up data for the AVERAGE annual salary of a janitor. $25k per year is not what the AVERAGE UFC fighter makes.

This.

You're taking the lowest pay from the UFC and putting it up agianst an average.

The lowest pay for a janitor would be around 15/17k.

So the UFC fighter would be making more by your numbers.

Yep, because fighters don't go to the gym or do anything the entire year while waiting for the fights, they just lace up the gloves and show up.

Tragic, since going to the gym, like the janitorial task of cleaning up a stranger's feces, is obviously a horrible chore that no one on Earth would do without the promise of a cash return.

full-gym.jpg

Well that didn't take long. Post was up less than 30 minutes and already we have about 5 UFC shills responding. I hope Dana is at least paying you extra for this.

Right. Everyone that understands employment economics is a shill. Grow up son.

Yep, because fighters don't go to the gym or do anything the entire year while waiting for the fights, they just lace up the gloves and show up.

Well, anyone who starts training MMA with the intention of making a living out of it is retarded.

Ive always chalked up these type of comparisons to doing what you love vs doing what you can.

Its not new news to hear about fighters living out of their cars to chase a dream.

The recent Reebok payout news has now even surprised me but if this is what they want to do then...

Well that didn't take long. Post was up less than 30 minutes and already we have about 5 UFC shills responding. I hope Dana is at least paying you extra for this.

Translation:
"You didn't buy my spurious comparison? Shills! Stop shilling for Big Shill, you shills!"

Ps. You forgot to call us "sheeple."

10k guy wouldn't get a second fight if they lost the 1st. More likely 12,500 and gone.

Oh fucking well.

Don't like the pay, find a better paying job.

No one's holding a gun to anyone's head to become a fighter.

That's obviously true. The problem is the fucking pussy Dana White bragging about the money they make while treating fighters like dogshit.

Janitors don't get sweet Reebok gear for free though

maybe it's time for some 4th tier sportswear company to sponsor Janitors.

Is that what Bellator and WSOF are doing too, they pay less dummy. The dominant company pays by far the most.

I see. So because the UFC pays a few thousand more than the other orgs, the fighters should fall onto their knees in gratitude. Gotcha.

The shills are out in force today.

Even better...............someone could do both!!!!!!!!!!

How awesome is that?!?!?!?!?!

Hong Kong Fukcin Phooey!!!!!!!!!

Janitor by day, cage fighter by night!!
or
Mild mannered janitor is a vicious, cage fighting beast!!!!

Wait - even his nickname can be "The Janitor"!!!!!

I really think you're on to something.

I see. So because the UFC pays a few thousand more than the other orgs, the fighters should fall onto their knees in gratitude. Gotcha.

The shills are out in force today.
No dummy, they should evaluate their opportunities in the employment marketplace both as a cage fighter and leveraging any other skills they have and then make the decision that is best for themselves and their families.

Which fighter asked you to question or be critical of their decision about how to sell their time?

When you grow up and learn to read a little more, you might find out about this thing called abuse of dominant market position.

They pay more than their competition and offer more benefits as far as medical insurance and such.

The prospects for a UFC fighter are far higher than any MMA fighter in another org as they can do seminars or charge more for training.

The opportunities are far better in that if they win just a few they will be earning vast amounts more than what you stated.

If they win in exciting fashion there is obviously the chance of large bonuses. The ceiling for a UFC fighter is far higher than that of a janitor.

When was the last time a janitor got a $50k bonus for cleaning a floor really well?

I agree they could be paid more but their wages are gradually rising year on year and things are getting better for them, it could be happening faster but it is happening.

Also lets not forget we are talking about the type of fighter that likely has just a few wins outside the organisation and are essentially on a trial contract. Many jobs have a trial period or apprenticeships where they will get paid lower amounts while they figure the job out for themselves.

They don't have to fight. These people choose to fight with the hopes of making big bucks down the road. Sometimes that does not pan out.

A fighter with zero ufc wins that is 0-2 is an average fighter?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back