News Jan "The Hangman" Blachowicz (ROPE UPDATE)

Berkowitz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC light heavyweight said he regularly returns to a forest in his hometown of Warsaw, Poland, to touch the rope used by a man he found who’d hanged himself. According to Blachowicz, the rope is a good luck charm that’s had “a 90 percent success rate since I started doing this: SOURCE

“‘When you find a hanged man, you take his rope for luck,”

He has now had the rope made into a lucky bracelet to wear during fight week.

EDIT 04/03/2021 / EVEN MORE ROPE UPDATE:

Last edited:
Jan a big mousasi fan .......and now even trains with him here and there. Always rooting for big polish - I hate that UFC put this upcoming fight together but I understand it .

Wait, so in Poland, if you hang yourself, they take the body and just leave the rope out there in the forest forever for anyone to come back and touch “regularly”? {<huh}

When I was in high school, there was this janitor who was always in the premises and almost lived in the school. One day he hanged himself in the kindergarten building. They found him the next morning and it made the local news. I got interviewed by TV, but I think I didn’t make it to the segment since it wasn’t live. If only I had known this then, my life might’ve turned out differently.

Last edited:
Back