Jan Blachowicz vs. Nikita Krlyov is a Very Tough Fight to Pick

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Seriously underrated fight especially in the abysmal 205 pound division. Blachowicz is severely overlooked despite just beating Joni Manuwa and being on a four fight win streak. Krylov has been on fire since leaving the UFC and many people questioned whether or not he would come back.

I am gonna pick Krylov only because Jan is a bit inconsistent but not too many results would surprise me when it comes to this fight, there are so many different tools that each fighter has.

Jan by murder. He is too tough. Even Jon Jones afraid of him.

No it isn’t, Krylov KO’s him in the first.

I have a hard time picking a guy who lost to Patrick fucking Cummings a year ago. Krylov all the way.

Jan's a cool dude. Met him at a UFC fan club event in Stockholm in 2015 before the Gus-Rumble fight, and guys like Bruce Buffer and Faber were hiding behind this rope in a section we weren't allowed to go in. I asked Jan to get Buffer over to get a picture with me and my brother since "he'll be scared of you". Jan was all modest like, "oh no, no, he's not scared of me!" But he marched right over and pointed at Buffer and waved him over. Bruce hustled his ass lol.

On an unrelated note, I'm going with Jan in this one. Underrated fight indeed, I was very happy to hear they got Capone back.

I like Krylov in this scrap.

Agreed that this is an extremely underrated fight in the division. Jan vs Manuwa 2 was one of the best fights of the year.

It's 50/50, but remeber Blachowicz:
1-2 : fights in USA (lost to Andreson, Cummins)
4-2 : figths in Europe (lost to Jimi Manuva, Gus)

Blachowicz has got an iron chin and is going to be very hard to finish (never been ko'd), though Krylov, who as of late has been on a bit of a tear, has finished all of his opponents regardless of their toughness so it's gonna be interesting to see what happens. Excited for this one, and I think it'll end in a close decision in Jan's favor.

I'm going with "Al Capone - The Miner" in this one.

He's way more agressive, although Jan has looked more willing to scrap his last couple outings. According to fightmetric Krylov lands almost twice as many strikes per minute (6.55/3.79) while absorbing less strikes per minute (2.87/3.17). Defensively, Blachowicz blocks 52% while Krylov blocks only 45%, but he's blocking way less strikes.

Jan probably will take him down 1-2 times per round, but Nikita is slick off his back with sub attempts, elbows/strikes and can get back up in scrambles or on the fence. I don't think any of that will be too significant for Blachowicz.

I think Krylov gets a either a 2nd round KO/TKO or a 3rd round Sub.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/880f2bb0a639a5a0

Jan by murder. He is too tough. Even Jon Jones afraid of him.

LOL, hell no! Jan lost to Beastin 25/8 and Patrick fucking Cummins, the guy who blocks punches with his face.

Jon's only afraid of USADA, and Jan is getting KTFO here.

Krylov might have the edge in firepower but Blachowicz hasn't been looking as pillow fisted as usual lately.

As noted Jan should be more durable. I think at minimum he decisions Krylov.

Jan has a ridiculous chin. In the past he has suffered from a lack of power and cardio problems though.

It's 50/50, but remeber Blachowicz:
1-2 : fights in USA (lost to Andreson, Cummins)
4-2 : figths in Europe (lost to Jimi Manuva, Gus)
Didn't he beat Jimi the second time though? Almost KO'd him too.
Jan has a ridiculous chin. In the past he has suffered from a lack of power and cardio problems though.
He's one of the best fighters I can think of when it comes striking defense, I think he has a good chin but he just doesn't take much clean damage so it lasts him.
Cardio issues yes, several times he's gassing surprisingly fast, power seem to be lacking somewhat too I guess, it's above Bisping levels though, perhaps it's the defense that keeps him from committing 100%, he's not swinging full force like ever, i think?

Here's the only time recently that I can remember him really going for it.
FancyBowedCrocodile.gif

Last edited:
Back