News Jan Blachowicz vs Magomed Ankalaev set for UFC 282, Dec. 10th

Your pick to win?

• Total voters
Rooting for Jan, but if Ankalaev decides to mix things up, then things will become very difficult for him.

Winner of that is the clearest #1 contender in any division by a good amount.

Also think they're bringing Jan in to make championship weight in case Glover drops out of the fight with Jiri for any reason.

Great scrap! Thinking Mags but not sure where I'll fall as the fight nears.

:meow:

Seems like an easy fight for Ankalaev but after he easily beats Jan, his claim for a title shot can’t be denied. Same for Jan, if he wins he beats Rakic and Ankalaev back to back. That’s worth a title shot.

If Ankalaev win he still needs to beat Rakic for the title shot
Why? After beating Blachowicz ,which is the last guy Rakic lost to, and having a 11 fight win streak should Ankalaev win another fight before the titleshot ?

That probably means we're getting Jiri/Glover 2 next and possibly on the same card.
I'm good with that.

I'm favoring Ankalaev in this one, he's overall a pretty rough matchup for Jan stylistically IMO.
Really? I love Glover but he does not deserve a rematch when someone like Ankalaev is waiting in the wings.

Still hope he pulls it off though.

Really? I love Glover but he does not deserve a rematch when someone like Ankalaev is waiting in the wings.

Still hope he pulls it off though.
I agree as well, however the UFC seem to be pushing Jiri/Glover 2 so I'm glad were at least getting to define a proper number one contender between Jan and Ankalaev instead of those two sitting back waiting to get a title shot.
There's been worst immediate rematches and the first fight was a banger, it still is kinda odd tho since Glover wasn't close to being a dominant champ. Overall the modern UFC seems to be real strong on rematches, especially for title fights so it is what it is.

Tbh I think Ankalaev should be getting the next TS above everyone else, but if not Glover the UFC would've probably picked Jan over Ankalaev to fight Jiri next which would've been kinda off for me since Jan got beat handily in his last title fight against Glover and didn't have a crazy stand out performance against Rakic to put him back in the picture.
Glover was extremely competitive against Jiri in their title fight and was close to winning a decision.
If I had to rank who deserved the next title fight at between the three it would be like this: Ankalaev>Glover>Jan.
Overall I think this is the second best matchups they could've done here and if both those fights are on the same card it helps promote the division.

Now at least if Ankalaev wins here he will be undeniably next in line for the belt.

New Poster...

FiwPOyOXwAA92i-

New Poster...

FiwPOyOXwAA92i-
Big stakes now, baby.

Going with my gut over my head on this one. Show the world that legendary Polish Power just one more time.

I think this is fitting btw. Glover didn’t deserve an instant rematch. And Jiri should have been defending against one of these guys on this card anyway. And the other should have been fighting Glover in this card. My preference for the TS would have been Jan. But, I said if it was Ankalaev I was fine with that too.

They both got stiffed by this instant rematch bullshit. Now it’s just them for all the marbles.

War Jan!

They both got stiffed by this instant rematch bullshit. Now it’s just them for all the marbles.

Yea I'm pretty pleased by Mags vs Jan for the title. Jiri is muh dude and quite pleased he took the belt... Some feels for Glover as well, but the show must go on...

Here we are and...

2nih3m.gif

Honestly, 282 is barely better than this weekends fight night card.

It needed khamzat vs someone or the derek Lewis fight

Theoretically, if Jan handles Ankalaev, how bad will Glover feel?

Back