Media Jan Blachowicz congratulates his son ;)

People shit on Izzy a little too much for that fight. Dude won 2 of the 3 striking rounds and I personally don't see 4 and 5 being 10-8's. Jan still won though and I'm happy he did.

But Izzy moved up 20 lbs, held his own, never got hurt by a fighter with nasty power and skills and had his moments. Two great fighters and I'm happy there is nothing but respect from both to the other..

EDIT: Actually he only won one round on the scorecards. Don't know why I thought it was two. My mistake fellas.

Last edited:
People shit on Izzy a little too much for that fight. Dude won 2 of the 3 striking rounds and I personally don't see 4 and 5 being 10-8's. Jan still won though and I'm happy he did.

But Izzy moved up 20 lbs, held his own, never got hurt by a fighter with nasty power and skills and had his moments. Two great fighters and I'm happy there is nothing but respect from both to the other..
Jan landed more strikes in every round and scored 49 on all judges' scorecards. Izzy didn't win two rounds.

Which two rounds did he win and why did he win each round, since he definitely would have not out-struck Jan, since he didn't manage too in a single round.

Explain.

There is a far more reasonable case that Izzy won no rounds; none.

The only way to award Izzy a round when he did not throw more, do any visible damage, or take Jan down is because you are a fan of his and therefore prefer for him to be awarded a "close" round. Whatever the hell that means.

People actually don't "shit on Izzy" enough for that fight. What the commentators didn't tell you is that in the last round he let Jan advance to mount where he started raining down hammer fists and would have been knocked out had there been ten more seconds on the clock.

Izzy quit in that fight, yet as he said yesterday "some people in my camp" (Eugina Bearman) think I won that fight. Thats how delusional Izzy and his "camp" are.

Jan landed more strikes in every round and scored 49 on all judges' scorecards. Izzy didn't win two rounds.

Which two rounds did he win and why did he win each round, since he definitely would have not out-struck Jan, since he didn't manage too in a single round.

Explain.

The only way to award Izzy a round when he did not throw more, do any visible damage, or take Jan down is because you are a fan of his and therefore prefer for him to be awarded a "close" round. Whatever the hell that means.

You guys have so much weird rage and hatred towards Adesanya that you completely missed the point of that guy's post.

But to respond to you, the 3 judges didn't even agree on which round to give Izzy. 2 judges gave him round 2, and the other judge gave him round 3. It's not insane for one person to give him both. Some media members even scored the fight for Izzy lol.

I like how Jan is showing respect to his former opponent and Sherdog has to make it some weird alpha thing.

You guys have so much weird rage and hatred towards Adesanya that you completely missed the point of that guy's post.

Rage?

You mean pointing out that he is trying to rewrite history about him "winning the fight".

He was praised endlessly for how "good a loser" he was, yet 3 months later he has already began backpedaling. No different than Marvin claiming he won their first fight.

Haha, looking at and understanding statistics is rage? That's funny.

I didn't mention his main point because I don't disagree with his main point. I mentioned the part he said that was wrong, because it was wrong. I also calmly used statistics and scorecards to explain why it was wrong. But, I guess being accurate means rage and hate?

Rage?

You mean pointing out that he is trying to rewrite history about him "winning the fight".

He was praised endlessly for how "good a loser" he was, yet 3 months later he has already began backpedaling. No different than Marvin claiming he won their first fight.
Nowhere did he say Izzy won the fight. He said Izzy won 2 of 3 rounds which is arguable but not insane. I already pointed out that the judges were split on which round they gave him.

Explain.

People actually don't "shit on Izzy" enough for that fight. What the commentators didn't tell you is that in the last round he let Jan advance to mount where he started raining down hammer fists and would have been knocked out had there been ten more seconds on the clock.

Izzy quit in that fight, yet as he said yesterday "some people in my camp" (Eugina Bearman) think I won that fight. Thats how delusional Izzy and his "camp" are.
Damn brother relax. Every round Izzy won was def. close and certainly could be debated. Put that to the side even if he didn't win any round officially what I said still stands. Izzy never got dominated, finished, rocked, hurt or anything else. He did his thing, landed, and gave Jan enough reason to be careful and fight a focused fight. For someone moving up a weightclass he def. looked good against a world champion but not good enough to win.

Also outstriking doesn't mean winning automatically. Joanna outstruck Rose in the rematch yet still lost those same rounds by every metric. There are certainly more examples out there. When I said he won rounds I was going by what the judges gave him with my personal opinion to the side.

I personally rooted for Jan in that fight even though I always enjoyed Izzys style as well. I dont know about quitting but yeah, Izzy def. lost the fight and things could've turned sour for him had there been more time but at the end of the day that remains pure speculation. That being said the commentary was horrendous that night. I 100% agree with you on that.

You seem to be pretty bothered though? Dont know why you'd say Izzy doesn't get shit on enough for that fight but to each their own. If you're saying this because of what he said at the presser I understand. I think there is no rational analysis that could tell you Izzy won the fight. The rounds he won on the scorecards were all very close and the rounds he lost very definitive losses. He moved up a weightclass against a dangerous fighter with legit skills in all areas and power on top of that. It didn't go his way but he showed some solid stuff out there. I myself, can only applaud that .

EDIT: Someone corrected me. Izzy actually only won one round on the scorecards. My mistake.

Last edited:
I was refering to the judges scorecards but actually you're right. My dumbass thought he won 2 out of 5. He actually only won 1 round on each card. My mistake.

Damn brother relax. Every round Izzy won was def. close and certainly could be debated. Put that to the side even if he didn't win any round officially what I said still stands. Izzy never got dominated, finished, rocked, hurt or anything else. He did his thing, landed, and gave Jan enough reason to be careful and fight a focused fight. For someone moving up a weightclass he def. looked good against a world champion but not good enough to win.

Also outstriking doesn't mean winning automatically. Joanna outstruck Rose in the rematch yet still lost those same rounds by every metric. There are certainly more examples out there. When I said he won rounds I was going by what the judges gave him with my personal opinion to the side.

I personally rooted for Jan in that fight even though I always enjoyed Izzys style as well. I dont know about quitting but yeah, Izzy def. lost the fight and things could've turned sour for him had there been more time but at the end of the day that remains pure speculation. That being said the commentary was horrendous that night. I 100% agree with you on that.

You seem to be pretty bothered though? Dont know why you'd say Izzy doesn't get shit on enough for that fight but to each their own. If you're saying this because of what he said at the presser I understand. I think there is no rational analysis that could tell you Izzy won the fight. The rounds he won on the scorecards were all very close and the rounds he lost very definitive losses. He moved up a weightclass against a dangerous fighter with legit skills in all areas and power on top of that. It didn't go his way but he showed some solid stuff out there. I myself, can only applaud that .

What are you trying to say by "you seem to be pretty bothered though"?

No 10-8 rounds, I agree.
But Jan had more strikes than Izzy in every round.

Back