News Jan accepts Adesanyas call out. Says they can fight in march,

I'd like to see Jan defend at least once before something like this but I'd certainly watch it. Izzy isn't a huge 185er though so would he immediately go back down and screw over the 205lb division or what?

Jan has just won the belt, you need to defend the title against normal contenders for awhile before you start worrying about any dream fights.

Adesanya with another hump

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Izzy definitely wins this fight if Jan can’t get it off the feet. I don’t know enough about Jan, but I know Izzy ain’t easy to take down

would watch.

I have adesanya winning. Jan will get picked apart. he's too slow.

Jan will wrestle fuck Adesanya against the cage like Usman did and just lay on him to take away his speed and explosiveness in r1.

and he won't gaf about low leg kicks from a 185er.

wrestlefuck him, take away his speed, test his 185 strength vs a legit 205er against the cage
ignore his low leg kicks

then force him into a streetlight like gastelum did

Lol Jan is higher stakes but I think Israel wants to get in there before March. Poor Whittaker. He's in a tough spot. Truly the second best fighter in the division but Adesanya has his number.

I wonder what his path will be after Israel gets him a third time. Do you think Rob does well at 205?
A third time? As far as I am aware they have only fought once?

A third time? As far as I am aware they have only fought once?
True but Rob got KOed twice. Anyway how do you see him doing ar 205? He's young, ge could definitely be a top fighter there as well IMO.

Am I the only person who read "Jon" and got excited?
When I read what the thread actually said I was still excited, but a lot less so because of excitement's close proximity to disappointment.

Jon is the fight we want.

Jan's good too tho.

Crazy fight. Israel with the skill but jan hits like a mule with his balls wrapped in duct tape

True but Rob got KOed twice. Anyway how do you see him doing ar 205? He's young, ge could definitely be a top fighter there as well IMO.
Rob is too small for 205. Funnily enough, I think his best matchup at 205 is Jones and DC. I think a one off fight with a 205 champ he has a good chance because of his speed, but any more than that and his size will catch up to him. He would hang around the 10-5, but I can't see him doing an extended run there.
Him vs Jan would be interesting, I think he is too fast for Jan. Although, with Jans size, I'm not sure it would matter.

I've always thought there is a reason Usman will never move up, because he is custom made to get destroyed by Whittaker.

And honestly, the double KO doesn't mean much in my book. He was done after the first one. If Izzy had gotten up after the Peirera KO, he would have been KO'd again.

You do realise I was mostly jesting with the running from motivated reaper comment? I mean, I legit think Rob is on another level since he has dealt with his mental health problems, but I fully get that Izzy is going up to 205 cause he wants the money fights.

I'd like to see Jan defend at least once before something like this but I'd certainly watch it. Izzy isn't a huge 185er though so would he immediately go back down and screw over the 205lb division or what?
He’d probably defend Both. Santos and smith are two blown up middleweights at LHW so he could fight one of them or old man glover. Most likely he’d defend against a returning jones then vacate.

Izzy handpicking easy paper champ while scared shitless of Jones, nice

Rob is too small for 205. Funnily enough, I think his best matchup at 205 is Jones and DC. I think a one off fight with a 205 champ he has a good chance because of his speed, but any more than that and his size will catch up to him. He would hang around the 10-5, but I can't see him doing an extended run there.
Him vs Jan would be interesting, I think he is too fast for Jan. Although, with Jans size, I'm not sure it would matter.

I've always thought there is a reason Usman will never move up, because he is custom made to get destroyed by Whittaker.

And honestly, the double KO doesn't mean much in my book. He was done after the first one. If Izzy had gotten up after the Peirera KO, he would have been KO'd again.

You do realise I was mostly jesting with the running from motivated reaper comment? I mean, I legit think Rob is on another level since he has dealt with his mental health problems, but I fully get that Izzy is going up to 205 cause he wants the money fights.
I think you are underselling him at 205. Most of those guys are strikers and i feel only a small handful can hang with him.

I really don't think the size difference will be much of a factor in a striking match. If Anthony Smith can get a shot, Rob would certainly be in the top 5 or better.

Jan's best chance is his kicks. His hands are too slow.
If he hits Izzy with a kick like he hit Reyes, he has a great chance. If he tries to box with Izzy, he gets countered all day.
It's not like Izzy could block many of Jan's kicks either, they are too powerful.

Still think Izzy takes it, but Jan has a chance.

Izzy is clearly running from Motivated Reaper.

@Brodie what's your take?
This is a much better fight than Whittaker 2. Jan has legitimate one punch knockout power and will have a significant strength advantage but Izzy negates it with speed. I agree that Jans best chance is to use his kicks like he did against Reyes, if he tries to box with Izzy he’s gonna be punching air. Not sure how good Jan’s grappling is but It’s hard to pick anyone over Israel in what will likely be a glorified kickboxing match.

Damn that is good new for Whittaker as well, now he can take some time off knowing izzy is busy.

I think this will be a good fight, question is if Jan can take a good counter by Izzy he got caught by one from Santos in their fight.

This is truly an awful match up for Jan imo. Although I can certainly see Izzy getting caught leaning back trying to catch Jan with a hook. Jan has long reach and insane power in his hooks

Back