Jamie Varner Wants Rematch With Lauzon

I think Varner could take Lauzon in the rematch, he looked unprepared in the previous bout.

Dos Anjos would be the "best" fight for the UFC/fans imo.

Don't hate on Varner for wanting a rematch with Lauzon or his whole "retribution tour" thing. Wouldn't it be better for the haters to see him lose twice? I did just skim the article today, but read it fully when first upped and i don't recall anything about him saying it should be his or Joe's next fight, so why jump on it? It would be a great rematch somewhat down the road. Though, as a Varner and Lauzon fan i found it "weak" of Jamie to bring this up right after the Miller fight.

wtf, Joe was in trouble several times in that bout.

Maybe, but I remember the fight ending like this:

Lauzon-Varner-Sweep-Triangle.gif

There'd be only a handful of original match ups if every close fight got a rematch.

Too soon. You got finished Jamie, and you weren't dominating. Would like to see this in another year though.

Jamie had a broken hand the 1st fight, he would beat Joe in a rematch.

I think Varner would most likely beat Lauzon with a full camp, that being said i think he should just move on and fight some new guys. If they meet again at some point along the way, then that's cool but for now it's too soon and there are too many great matchups for both.

Too soon. You got finished Jamie, and you weren't dominating. Would like to see this in another year though.

Yeah I had it 1-1 in terms of rounds, but Varner was fading. That being said, he did take the fight on short notice. Either way though, the other 4 fights make more sense.

I'd love to see that down the line if Lauzon can rebound well enough.

I want to see Varner vs one of the other four names he mentioned earlier.

For Lauzon, I'd love a Stout rematch.

And Mevlin wants his rematch with you. Now what?

I don't think he's said that.

Barboza has gone on record for wanting a rematch though.

Would love to see a rematch. I think Varner would win with a full training camp.

He could beat Lauzon...Varner took the fight early....change is sometimes better,,,but the first fight was fun to watch so why not...all those guys he mentioned seem like fun fights besides Dos Anjos

He would beat J-Lao in a rematch. He took the first fight on short notice and was whooping Lauzon till he gassed.

I would too if I was him. He looked great in the bout and simply gassed too and got a bit desperate.

People underrate Lauzon in a bad way.

Back