Jamie Varner Targets Four Opponents For His Return In April

Ross is not much of a finisher and Varner has never been finished via strikes, so that would pretty much never happen.

The prediction is wishful thinking, but I think Ross can at least egde out a decision. Not that's gonna be easy but he is a pretty good striker and can hang with Varner.

Joe-Lauzon-Jamie-Varner-UFC-on-FOX-4-1412.jpg

^^^(Doesn't he kind of look like Joe Rogan in this pic?)^^^

Rest of the article here:

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...icipates-april-return-four-opponents-on-radar

Which of those 4 would you rather him fight? I would like a fight with Peason.

Against RDA I have him losing a decision.

Against Pearson I have him winning a decision

Against Wimam I think he loses a decision

Against Grant I see him losing by TKO.

But he could win any of the fights.

I think Varner decisions all of them except Grant. TJ has been on a mission lately and has sported some vastly improved striking. I think Varner loses a decision against Grant.

I agree with everyone that said that they like it when fighters name preferred opponents. I mean, why the hell not? I can't stand that, I'll fight whoever the UFC puts in front of me reply. Well, yeah, you're a UFC employee- but what you were asked is who would you like to fight next?

Kudos to him for asking for tough match-ups. It's obvious he isn't playing around- these are all fights that would move him up the ladder. Wiman and RDA have been on hot-streaks so stealing some of their momentum would be ideal. I'm not so sure that a victory over Varner would do as much for either one of them.

I'd like to see him against either, but now that I think about it- I'd love to see Wiman take on RDA to see who has what it takes to become a true contender.

The prediction is wishful thinking, but I think Ross can at least egde out a decision. Not that's gonna be easy but he is a pretty good striker and can hang with Varner.
Varner could potentially beat Ross at his strength and would take him down whenever he felt like it. Varner should really win that fight every time IMO.

I'd love to see him fight any of these guys, but Wiman the most. I'm happy he's not looking for easy fights.

Back