Jamie Varner Targets Four Opponents For His Return In April

Pearson would be a good fight. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about Varner, though. He beat Barboza, which is impressive, but I think rather flukey.

Pearson would be a good fight. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about Varner, though. He beat Barboza, which is impressive, but I think rather flukey.
Not flukey in the least...he pressured him and moved forward and has heavy hands. He also beat Guillard and had FOTN with Lauzon in a very competitive fight where he ofcourse messed up his hand like he does every other fight. Varner will earn a Top 10 spot within 1-2 fights max and be a contender by years end.

Not flukey in the least...he pressured him and moved forward and has heavy hands. He also beat Guillard and had FOTN with Lauzon in a very competitive fight where he ofcourse messed up his hand like he does every other fight. Varner will earn a Top 10 spot within 1-2 fights max and be a contender by years end.

I don't think he's top 10 material. Beating Guillard (and even Barboza, too, if you really think about it) isn't that impressive. While he had the FOTN with Lauzon, he still lost. I see quite a few people at 155 who can beat Varner soundly.

Varner vs. any top 20 LW is a great fight. I've enjoyed his little resurgence.

This, I've been following his career on FB for a few years now, good all around guy and all his fights entertain.

Man, those would all be great fights, with Wiman being my favorite. He beats Pearson and Wiman in my opinion.

Varners been in some entertaining fights since his UFC return, I'd like to see him against Cerrone again for some reason!!!

A very novel take on the old "I'll fight whomsoever they put in front of me". "I'll fight whomsoever they put in front of me, out of these 4 dudes".

Funny how hated this guy was. He always looked like he was going to cry when he would do a postfight interview and everyone would boo the shit out of him.

was like one of the best moments in WEC history. Varner vs the fans. He really let it get to him

I used to really dislike Varner. However lately he seems to have gotten his head out of his ass. I would love to see him in any of those fights when he heals up.

Varner is a legend. I spoke to him once when he was injured after a fight in the wec. He was so frustrated to be sidelined, his determination to get back to 100% and in winning ways was starkly evident.

So impressed he has come back from such a rough patch and reasserted himself. Fan for life!

Funny how hated this guy was. He always looked like he was going to cry when he would do a postfight interview and everyone would boo the shit out of him.

was like one of the best moments in WEC history. Varner vs the fans. He really let it get to him

He quit in the Cerrone fight, that was bad. Cerrone would have won.

Rafael has been on a whole nother level ever since his split decision loss to Gleison Tibau. He dismissed of Kamal Shalorus in good fashion, dropped Anthony Njokuani in their fight and proceeded to out grapple him en route to a dominant decision win and he looked like monster against Mark Bocek. Ben Henderson and Jim Millers performances(especially Jim Miller's) against Bocek have nothing on what dos Anjos was able to do in that fight. Bocek wasn't able to even get a takedown on dos Anjos while dos Anjos was able take him down and slam him multiple times and even out-grapple Bocek. Dos Anjos is on the rise.

I see, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to try and keep an eye on him in the future.

Weren't you just saying Guillard's better than Varner everywhere before their fight? I know you said he's the better wrestler.

No I never said. I said he had decent TDD and thought he had the better wrestling (not unreasonable), and I said he has the chance for a KO (he does in every fight). So no, I didn't say that.

Guillard has better wrestling, and has more power from standing.

Varner, you're so cute with all your new fans.

Wait, what?

A man with one of the best chins in the division who's never been TKOed before losing to a grappler?

I wouldn't call T.J. Grant a grappler. He has good kickboxing, better than Varner's IMO.

Back