Jamie Varner: "he's slow, and he sucks".

mad cuz he broke ur leg

Is Krause's nickname really, "The James Krause." Saw that on his FightFinder and figured there has to be some type of mistake.

Krause broke his leg with that kick, even if it didn't happen till he put his foot down. He lost to the better fighter, so what does that mean about Varner?

Think it's funny he says all that, then when he sees the guy who broke his leg, his voice lightens up and he starts praising him! Haha

Classless guy, I'm actually not sad at all he got his leg broken :D

Serious question.
Am I the only one that got pissed cause the ref didn't stop the fight earlier in the first round? It seemed obvious, to me, that Varner was injured and I thought he should have stopped the fight sooner.

Serious question.
Am I the only one that got pissed cause the ref didn't stop the fight earlier in the first round? It seemed obvious, to me, that Varner was injured and I thought he should have stopped the fight sooner.

I was not so much pissed but beyond shocked. What's weird is there was a delayed reaction. When the kick happened I said ooh he hurt his leg. But for several seconds after that he seemed totally normal. Then all of a sudden you could see it bending under him and he was clearly injured. M

If you really wanna blame someone blame the corner.

Krause broke his leg with that kick, even if it didn't happen till he put his foot down. He lost to the better fighter, so what does that mean about Varner?

Think it's funny he says all that, then when he sees the guy who broke his leg, his voice lightens up and he starts praising him! Haha

I respectfully disagree. I am not of the opinion that the better man "always wins". This isn't football. Fights are lost and won in split seconds and yes sometimes injuries play a factor.

I personally believe Cain Velazquez is the better fighter than JDS, but one punch cost him the first fight. That doesn't mean JDS was necessarily better. I bet if those two guys fought 10 times Cain would win most, but JDS' power would win him some as well. Cain is still the better fighter though. That is the reality of the sport.

I had Krause winning before the injury.

Didn't think I would be alone in that.

Jamie gets a lot of respect for hanging in there (corner should have saved him) but when people say stuff like this I hold it against them.

I respectfully disagree. I am not of the opinion that the better man "always wins". This isn't football. Fights are lost and won in split seconds and yes sometimes injuries play a factor.

I personally believe Cain Velazquez is the better fighter than JDS, but one punch cost him the first fight. That doesn't mean JDS was necessarily better. I bet if those two guys fought 10 times Cain would win most, but JDS' power would win him some as well. Cain is still the better fighter though. That is the reality of the sport.

The reality is that on the feet before that, James was winning. A kick that he landed caused the break/sprain/whatever. So no, it wasn't "lucky".

Jamie gets a lot of respect for hanging in there (corner should have saved him) but when people say stuff like this I hold it against them.

I had Krause winning too but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the injury at the very beginning of the first round? Like first minute?

The reality is that on the feet before that, James was winning. A kick that he landed caused the break/sprain/whatever. So no, it wasn't "lucky".

You mean all 20 seconds? Dude after watching how the fight played out with Varner on one leg, I don't see how anyone could rationalize who had the better chance of winning. Varner landed equally good shots and two takedowns on one leg.

Wow, your a pretty intelligent dude aren't you? Varners Ankle broke in the first 40 seconds.

lol Krause was tooling him the whole time. Not to mention it was Krause's LOW KICK that hurt Jamie's ankle, watch the fight, watch the first kick he throws, watch how Jamie reacts.

I wish this place remembered when Jamie Varner was public enemy number one. He'd get RAPED on here for this comment, which is total crap.

Respect to him for hanging in there, but that doesn't change how things went.

Back