Social James Watson, the "Father" of DNA is stripped of all titles for racism

Counter his conclusions with evidence or don't do anything imo.

Taking away his accolades because he came to a conclusion that doesn't fit mainstream ideology is a dangerous way to behave.

Let scientists science.

Also I call bullshit on referring to difference as racism. If I talk of melatonin differentials in European and African populations that would not be racist, so how is talking of any other variable that we can measure? There are certain medications and diets that are efficacious in one population but not in another, we accept that with zero drama. It's totally logically inconsistent.

While I'm not a big fan of going back in history and persecuting people now for old statements, this guy has continued to make comments that belong in a 19th century eugenics think tank. I'm not standing up for this guy.

While I'm not a big fan of going back in history and persecuting people now for old statements, this guy has continued to make comments that belong in a 19th century eugenics think tank. I'm not standing up for this guy.

Like what? Try to quote him saying something on the matter that isn't based on an observation of the evidence?

Like what? Try to quote him saying something on the matter that isn't based on an observation of the evidence?
Go read an article. His statements are NOT backed by science which is why the scientists are taking his accolades away.

Counter his conclusions with evidence or don't do anything imo.

Taking away his accolades because he came to a conclusion that doesn't fit mainstream ideology is a dangerous way to behave.

Let scientists science.

Also I call bullshit on referring to difference as racism. If I talk of melatonin differentials in European and African populations that would not be racist, so how is talking of any other variable that we can measure? There are certain medications and diets that are efficacious in one population but not in another, we accept that with zero drama. It's totally logically inconsistent.

His racist bullshit has already been debunked by literally thousands of scientists, and a lot of them from the very same laboratory he worked in.

Wow I had no idea this guy was even still alive much less such a dick.

all ppl of science are ignorant, some more than others, and Watson is no different. it's important to crunch Watson ilk in a wave, otherwise u get ppl like s. harris, and wr posters, going 'look!'.

look at the damage duesburg *caused... the pain, the withering of beautiful lives, destroyed forever. these old farts can be dangerous

*helped to cause

Last edited:
Go read an article. His statements are NOT backed by science which is why the scientists are taking his accolades away.

I've read the article and all the criticisms. The article is a lot of people frantically distancing themselfth from him because the public are unable to appreciate his position.

There is marked difference in IQ scores across different populations and the reasons are not fully understood. He stated it was his fear that genetics played a roll in this. That's not controversial in and of itself, unless you start with the opinion that acknowledgement of any differences between races is racist or immoral.

I suggest you read the article and report the evidence to the contrary that you see, there is markedly little.

I feel it's probably sensible to state my position on this to avoid any misunderstanding: I do not know whether there is a genetic component to the racial varience in IQ, it would not surprise me, but I think it's irrelevant.

Last edited:
I've read the article and all the criticisms. The article is a lot of people frantically distancing themselfth from him because the public are unable to appreciate his position.

There is marked difference in IQ scores across different populations and the reasons are not fully understood. He stated it was his fear that genetics played a roll in this. That's not controversial in and of itself, unless you start with the opinion that acknowledgement of any differences between races is racist or immoral.

I suggest you read the article and report the evidence to the contrary that you see, there is markedly little.

I feel it's probably sensible to state my oositpos on this to avoid any misunderstanding: I do not know whether there is a genetic componnec to the racial varience in IQ, it would not surprise me, but I think it's irrelevant.
I read it last night. Its fully covered in the articles out there.

IQ tests are not science and basing overall intelligence on them is absurd, especially for a Nobel winning scientist. Taking it a step further and claiming race may be the reason is straight from the eugenics movement.

The guy is wrong and I would distance myself from that perspective as well.

You guy know a lot of 90-year-olds with completely functioning minds that are with the times and don’t say some dated shit? We didn’t crucify Stan Lee for fondling nurses at that age because that’s what old dudes do—act a little senile. Give me a break.

You guy know a lot of 90-year-olds with completely functioning minds that are with the times and don’t say some dated shit? We didn’t crucify Stan Lee for fondling nurses at that age because that’s what old dudes do—act a little senile. Give me a break.

LOL

article does cite stupid shit from '97.

IQ tests are not science and basing overall intelligence on them is absurd, especially for a Nobel winning scientist. Taking it a step further and claiming race may be the reason is straight from the eugenics movement.

IQ tests are certainly scientific, though what they show is open to debate. At the very least, they are extremely good predictors for academic performance and lifetime earnings, and they probably do measure something to do with what we normally call "intelligence" (or "g-factor" or whatever you want to call it) - though they may not tell the whole story.

That said, I have no idea why there are differences between blacks, whites and asians in IQ score.

I feel it's probably sensible to state my oositpos on this to avoid any misunderstanding: I do not know whether there is a genetic componnec to the racial varience in IQ, it would not surprise me, but I think it's irrelevant.
Begone with your white-devil-speak, you white devil!

Ok. First of all saying IQ tests are not science is nonsensical. They are tests of abilities, those tests can be administered and interpreted using the scientific method or not. That would make their use scientific or not.

Secondly, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who equates intelligence with IQ tests. They are tests of problem solving abilities that correlate with intelligence, that's about as far as anyone goes.

Thirdly, whether something was said by a eugenics movement is completely irrelevant. The fact that you brought it up is telling because it confirms you are more interested in managing the results of enquiry rather than managing effective enquiry.

Ok. First of all saying IQ tests are not science is nonsensical. They are tests of abilities, those tests can be administered and interpreted using the scientific method or not. That would make their use scientific or not.

Secondly, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who equates intelligence with IQ tests. They are tests of problem solving abilities that correlate with intelligence, that's about as far as anyone goes.

Thirdly, whether something was said by a eugenics movement is completely irrelevant. The fact that you brought it up is telling because it confirms you are more interested in managing the results of enquiry rather than managing effective enquiry.
The guy is saying black people score less on IQ tests therefore black people arent as intelligent as white people and you're standing up for him. Wtf?

If he said Africans were more athletic everyone would agree with him and give him more awards

Back