James Vick vs. Walmir Lazaro set for UFC 176

juddy96

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC News ‏@UFCNews 5m

12-2 lightweight Walmir

James Vick might be one of the most underrated guys in the Lightweight division. He knocked out Daron Cruickshank on TUF 15 and submitted Ramsey Nijem. Yet, not very many people know about him. A fight against a newcomer won't help him gain much fanfare, hopefully Joe Silva will give him a better known name next time out.

I dont know much about Lazaro but i dont really get why they signing so many LW's while cutting practically none. Drew Dober, Vagner Rocha, Garrett Whitely, Ben Wall, Tiequan Zhang and Charlie Brenneman shouldnt be in the UFC. Rocha bamboozled his way back into the UFC by taking that fight with Ellenberger then getting "injured" like a day later.

James Vick might be one of the most underrated guys in the Lightweight division. He knocked out Daron Cruickshank on TUF 15 and submitted Ramsey Nijem. Yet, not very many people know about him. A fight against a newcomer won't help him gain much fanfare, hopefully Joe Silva will give him a better known name next time out.

This, I'm fascinated to see what Vick can develop into if he can stay healty.

Love Vick. About time he came back. Hope he can stay healthy. I see him making a serious run in the division.

Oh so he's still alive.

Took so long for him to be booked after that slick, quick sub of Nijem. I was hoping he'd get a step up but it'll be good just to see him back in the cage.

I hope Vick can start avoiding injuries. The kid is constantly improving.

Vick is extremely talented, hopefully his prime years aren't going to waste because he's always on the shelf

About time Vick returned to action, interesting prospect at 155lbs.

Finally! This guy has some talent and have been waiting to see him fight again. Good follow on Twitter as well, he seems to answer all tweets.

War Vick!!

dat knee

James+Vick+Knees+and+KTFO+Daron+Cruickshank+-+TUF+15+Live+on+FX.gif

He tried to do a high kick but Daron ran into his knee shooting for the td. It was a bit lucky cause Daron was dominating him

forgot about vick, dude hasn't fought in forever, i hope he wins.

He tried to do a high kick but Daron ran into his knee shooting for the td. It was a bit lucky cause Daron was dominating him

He was not dominating anybody. In order to dominate someone you have stun, almost finish, or offer up so much offense that an opponent can do nothing but survive. Didn't even go more than half a round. Bottom line he got K T F O.

Ah I've been waiting for lazaro to get signed by a bigger promotion, he's got some good striking. This should be a pretty exciting fight

Back