James Vick should retire before he can't make a living for himself

Everyone has to make their own decisions, but nothing good will come from continuing to fight. He is 32, will never get near the title. At this point, he isn't even winning enough fights to make decent money unless he wants to go to Bellator. Even there he would probably win one, lose one until his mid thirties, and retire broke and injured.

He has been brutally KO'd 3 times in 14 months. He should have taken more time off, but he decided to roll the dice. He should transition to coaching or some other venture before he receives more brain damage. He never evolved and his whole style is dependent on him being 20+ pounds bigger then his opponents. Had he moved up to welterweight years ago, he might of saved his career, but his best win to this day is Joseph Duffy, but everyone will remember him for being on the end of some really crazy KOs.

thanks Pious

I really enjoy watching Vick getting KTFO in spectacular fashion.

But I don't wish him to be in diapers by 40 and I agree he should get out of fighting while he still can.

James Vick doesn't havfe a chin. Should retire and open up a gym or something.

I still feel like he has to be cutting tons of weight even after going up in a weight class. I think he should go to 185 and take time off and work on his skills.

Remember when he beat Duffy and was going to be a handful for the top 10?

Fun times.

I bet he wishes he could take back that stuff he said about gaethje now.

To be fair I dont think he can remember that....
I be impressed if he remember last week.

Fighters should retire when they lose ability to take punch. Guys like Overeem, Rockhold and Vick won't get dropped or tko'd they go straight to the shadow realm.

On tonights evidence he shouldn't be depending on switching to kangaroo boxing for his retirement fund.

ElegantRightAustralianfreshwatercrocodile-size_restricted.gif
Reminds me of this gif
giphy.gif

LOL

Too late for him. He's already punched his ticket to CTE City.

I still feel like he has to be cutting tons of weight even after going up in a weight class. I think he should go to 185 and take time off and work on his skills.
Also he is too slow for LW and WW.

Yeah, someone needs to stage an intervention on James Vick. Everyone is going on about Gaethje, Hooker and Price but concerns should have started years ago when a fucking BJJ guy corpse him, Dariush. Guy has been eating heavy concussions for many years. Time to call it a day. He's a tosser but nobody deserves brain injury.

He doesn’t have to retire but he needs to take 18 months off, probably should avoid contact for 6-8 months.

He’s got some of the worst luck I’ve seen and it keeps getting better, the way he’s been slept is always brutal too. Take some time off like a lot or just keep getting KO’d

Back