James Vick Looking Zombie-Like Answering Questions Mid Weight Cut

There's a long list of dudes who do this frightful shit.

Short list of cats like Edgar.

I wrestled for a few years in highschool and if I missed weight by a pound or 2 my coach would always tell me to go "cut the weight". I always looked at him with a stupid look and asked what he meant, lol. If I didn't make the class I was hoping to compete in I always said fuck it, I'll just compete in the next class up and it was never an issue.

(I was kind of blessed by being born naturally stupidly strong for my size though so a few pounds didn't really make a difference and the idea of sitting in a sauna to lose a few pounds seemed absurd to me)

My coach didn't like that I always said no and laughed when he told me to go jog on the spot in a sauna, like fuck that coach, that sounds awful, lol.

155lbs is a tough one for someone 6’3 tall. He should look towards moving up to WW

so nothing...I just said he is same height as Rockhold who is 3 divisions above him. If that doesn't indicate how drastic his weight cut is then move along.

Any normal person would come to a conclusion that he is cutting too much, whether he makes weight or not.

Zabit who is a featherweight is the same height as Cain…your point is shit!

Vick may look scrawny for his height but he is effective at 155 so far. He will likely take less damage at a lower weight too. In contrast short DC champ at 2 heaviest divisions. Frankie got the LW title hardly cutting any weight. Meanwhile stocky Woodley reigns at 170.

Seems mentally all there and the fact he is actually sweating profusely manifestly proves he isnt dehydrated

Body shaming thread, smh

Yikes. Vick looks half fucking dead. He's a 6'3 LW and looks like a full blown welterweight stepping into the octagon. I don't think he's ever missed but I don't know how much longer he should be making a cut like this.

Look at those sunken in cheeks for fuck sake. And he still had 5 pounds to go at this point apparently.

I've seen worse

usa-today-8688451.0.jpg

ufc-194-mixed-martial-arts-76-390x285.jpg

246x0w.jpg

He looks the way Meryl Streep's skeleton would look if you made it smile and walk around the party being extra nice to everybody.
Excellent. Chuck was on JRE the other day, for anyone who gets that reference.

Vick in no way gets more outrage than Romero or Till my guy. Those two get absolutely trashed around here during cuts and after misses. Vick really doesn't get much flack at all. His weight cut doesn't even seem much of a topic when he fights.
Not missing might have something to do with that. And Team Lloyd Irvin's issues tend to make people bitch about that other thing instead.

I wrestled for a few years in highschool and if I missed weight by a pound or 2 my coach would always tell me to go "cut the weight". I always looked at him with a stupid look and asked what he meant, lol. If I didn't make the class I was hoping to compete in I always said fuck it, I'll just compete in the next class up and it was never an issue.

(I was kind of blessed by being born naturally stupidly strong for my size though so a few pounds didn't really make a difference and the idea of sitting in a sauna to lose a few pounds seemed absurd to me)

My coach didn't like that I always said no and laughed when he told me to go jog on the spot in a sauna, like fuck that coach, that sounds awful, lol.

Wrestling, in school, at least has a weight certification process.

So, theoretically speaking, unless you're somehow cheating the cert system (like finding a way to add a little water to your urine sample when someone isn't looking), your minimum weight shouldn't be unhealthy for you to make - assuming you're cutting weight like a professional, following the weight drop specifications for each week (in accordance with your given cert after testing), and not washing down Chinese take out with purple drink the week of your tournament.

MMA doesn't have any such system in place. So you got dudes cutting damn near 30 lbs in many cases - which is fuckin ridiculously pussy.

This guy is 4 inches taller than the current UFC Heavyweight champion.... And he is a light weight
More than 4inches (assuming he is in fact 6'3"), Daniel Cormier is no way 5'11" by any measure. he's approx 5'9.5", on a good day.
Don't believe the official billed heights. Many are exaggerated by an inch or more.

Back