James Vick eyes another top ten opponent, wants Edson Barboza

Apparently Gaethje didn't knock him out hard enough.

4ZeTyxI.jpg
<{jackyeah}>
Edit: @Legendary beat me to it

Should be going to 170 lbs. Fight Chiesa again as they both debut at WW.

I really got behind Vick for a while now. I always agreed that he never had what he deserves because UFC never gave him good opponents.

But other than his win against Duffy, he never fought anyone great, and the two times he did, he got KO'd cold. He will unfortunately always be a fringe top-10 fighter for the remainder of his career until he takes a few losses and gets cut.

Barboza needs a big knock out to bounce back from his losses to Lee and Khabib, and Vick obviously didn't spend enough time face-down on the canvas the other weekend. I'm good with this.

Is it just me, or is Vick horridly unlikable? I was ecstatic when Justin clobbered him into his best Stephen-Hawking impression.

Did you see the embedded episode? Terry Etim is one of Tills coaches. It’s hard not to look at him and be like “oh look it’s the guy that barboza made one of the most brutal KO’s ever from.”

Oh fuck yes, I’d love to see him get KO’d again

Barboza needs a big knock out to bounce back from his losses to Lee and Khabib, and Vick obviously didn't spend enough time face-down on the canvas the other weekend. I'm good with this.

Is it just me, or is Vick horridly unlikable? I was ecstatic when Justin clobbered him into his best Stephen-Hawking impression.

I actually came to like him more during the arguments with Gathje, his shittalking seemed geniune and he had some funny punchlines. He apologized to Gathje and his fans after the KO handled his loss like a man and is jumping right back on the horse and I really respect that. That fight was entertaining from the promos to actual fight night so he's alright in my book. Gathje I love a whole lot more after this fight, such an honest and humble guy to see him hug his parents after that gigantic victory was awesome.

But yeah initially at first I was like "Who the fuck is this peahead? whats his IQ? fucking cutbaby he wont make it"

Of course, when you get knocked cold by Homer Simpson you wanna redeem yourself.

Most guys are already booked and both are looking to get back on track after rough outings so let them bang. Should be a pretty decent fight but hopefully Edson KO's him. LW is on fire if all of these fights actually happen.

I like this fight.
Edson via KO but it will be competative the first round or so.
Vick needs a new coach/gym. The guys he is with didnt seem to give a shit about him when he fought Gaethje and theyre all crooks anyway.

Vick should fight someone like Laquinta or Gillespie. Give Barboza someone outside of the top 10 like Hooker.

Lol he saw Edson get beat by Khabib and Kevin Lee and he thinks shit is sweet like Barbosa is just some easy mark.

The way Vick keeps his hands down Edson would kick his head clean off.

Stupid matchup, but I'd watch.

If he wants to get slept again, let the man sleep <{hughesimpress}>

No he doesn't deserve it. Book Vick vs Hernandez and Barboza vs Hooker, way more logical

I actually came to like him more during the arguments with Gathje, his shittalking seemed geniune and he had some funny punchlines. He apologized to Gathje and his fans after the KO handled his loss like a man and is jumping right back on the horse and I really respect that. That fight was entertaining from the promos to actual fight night so he's alright in my book. Gathje I love a whole lot more after this fight, such an honest and humble guy to see him hug his parents after that gigantic victory was awesome.

But yeah initially at first I was like "Who the fuck is this peahead? whats his IQ? fucking cutbaby he wont make it"
It's the heel schtick. It just gets old. His best win was over Duffy, but he would continually whinge that the top 10 were all ducking him after every win over nobodies on undercardd. Like he was this ultra dangerous guy that no one wanted to fight.

For some people like Chapel and Conor, playing the heel works. For guys like the Diaz brothers, it's legitimate. I just found him cringeworthy. How easy is it to call Gaejthy punch drunk and a wash out? He lost two in a row and he's a known brawler. It wasn't clever, and he disrespected him anytime a microphone was in front of him to draw any attention possible.

Realistically, he hasn't earned the right to trash JG like he had; he had not fought the calibre of opponents JG had and he had this inflated entitelement.

I get trying to sell the fight and all...but he was pure cringe. In the other corner we had JG, who says it how it is, is humble, and is a fucking pitbull once the cage door closes.

Vick worked teeps and did everything he could to try and outpoint Justin without engaging him and he got KTFO in embarrassing fashion anyway.

Now he wants a higher ranked opponent? Sit down dude.

No he doesn't deserve it. Book Vick vs Hernandez and Barboza vs Hooker, way more logical
Seems you nailed it on the Barboza vs Hooker fight according to some news that just came in (from Dan Hooker himself) saying he is fighting Barboza in mid-December at a UFC fight-night event.

And yeah....Hernandez is looking awesome so it'd be great to see him have another fight soon. Vick vs Hernandez would be fine.

Back