James Toney ...

Toney could beat almost anyone who stood in front of him. Good vision; he rarely got hit cleanly. And a hard chin.

He wasn't very good at coming forward. His major flaw.

James Toney was a better boxer than Roy Jones. Roy Jones, however, was probably the most athletically gifted person to ever take up professional boxing as a career, and learned to box a little on top of it along the way. He'd be a struggle for Toney no matter how many times they fought.

Toney was proberbly the better Boxer of the 2 yes,but I think your underating RJJ as a Boxer,RJJ could Box when he wanted 2,he had a amazing Boxing brain.

It was a great fight. A motivated Toney can be dangerous for a lot of people.

I saw it also.
I am a big fan of Evander but he got beaten badly. Toney looked awesome.

Honestly? At this point? Evander.

If nothing else with Evander Holyfield, he'll always show up in shape and have a good beard. Toney got to 'Vander last time by working the body and being in good enough shape to keep his foot on the gas pedal. He wasn't 90 mph or anything, but he was cruising along at a steady 55 or 60, which is enough against Evander Holyfield at this point.

What we've seen from Toney in his last handful of fights, though, is that he couldn't care less about meaningful training camps or being in any kind of shape. He's slow, out of shape, off balance, and lazy. Unless something drastic changes in the way James Toney approaches fighters, he's lucky to beat club fighters, raw prospects, and journeymen.

Holyfield has at least kept himself in shape to warrant a title fight recently.

Too small for a heavyweight, should have stuck around in the lower weight classes.

Back