James Toney Video

Him and Ali were both really great defensive boxers but the they still had damaging effects on them later in their lives. Thats boxing for you.

This wasn't even the worst from Toney that I've seen.
I could actually understand him fine without any trouble.

A good bit of it is the punching, some of it is just James Toney. Dude is so weird, but so awesome at the same time. Just let the man enjoy his burgah kin

really ? that's actually better than some of his UFC interviews.

Poor bloke was shambolic at the PrizeFighter thing he did at the end of last year .

That's one of his better interviews he sounds worse in others

Him and Ali were both really great defensive boxers but the they still had damaging effects on them later in their lives. Thats boxing for you.

Ali didn't have good defense.

His offense, chin and natural abilities helped him most of his career.

James Toney could have worked at a florist shop for the last 25 years and he'd still be difficult to understand.

It's tough to know how much of his speech is mannerisms, smoking and attitude versus punch accumulation. Either way, he's doing what he loves for as long as he can get paid to do it. I won't begrudge him that.

James Toney could have worked at a florist shop for the last 25 years and he'd still be difficult to understand.

It's tough to know how much of his speech is mannerisms, smoking and attitude versus punch accumulation. Either way, he's doing what he loves for as long as he can get paid to do it. I won't begrudge him that.

Toney in 1991 sounds way different then Toney now. Hell Toney 2014 sounds even worse than Toney in 2010

Lol, eBaumsWorld. Havnt been on that site in a long ass time. They could've atleast posted his name. He's not just some boxer.

James has gotten less decipherable the fatter he's gotten. I understood him pretty well.

It helped him after he got his boxing license back in his first career he rarely got hit

What is your point? A lot of good boxers who rely on athleticism and speed rarely got hit but no one would ssay that they had good defense. Roy Jones got put on his ass over and over once he started slowing down. Pac now only looks special against slow ass weight drained fighters.

What is your point? A lot of good boxers who rely on athleticism and speed rarely got hit but no one would ssay that they had good defense. Roy Jones got put on his ass over and over once he started slowing down. Pac now only looks special against slow ass weight drained fighters.

Pacquiao never had great defence even when he was younger. If you don't get hit you have good defence if you do it by hugging your face with your gloves Winky Wright style or by dancing around like a ballerina on coke if you don't get hit you have good defence. Some styles depend more on athleticism than others so what? Good defence is good defence young Ali was hart to hit he had good defence it isn't arguable.
No one ever said Pac had good defence (but it wasn't/isn't that bad for an offensive fighter) even when he was young but I'm sure there are many who would say Jones had good defence in his prime and rightfully so. Saying he had no defence is like saying Foreman had no offence because he was relying on his power. Some styles only work with power, some only with a chin, some with speed and reflexes and so on just because something isn't textbook doesn't make it wrong

It helped him after he got his boxing license back in his first career he rarely got hit

he definitely got hit. his chin was superb, though. he would pull his head back from punches or dance out of the way, but he didn't have 'traditionally' solid defense. Similar to RJJ in that regard.

Back