James Toney...gotta love him

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by DarkBlack454**, Jul 18, 2010.

1. DarkBlack454**

DarkBlack454** Banned Banned

2. Vitamin MMA

Vitamin MMA Green Belt

3. DarkBlack454**

-Floyd is making excuses
    -Floyd is his dude but Pacquiao would knock him out
    -He grew up on the same block as the older Mayweathers/other well known Detroit boxers
    -Nevada is the strictest with the ped testing, and if Manny was on roids we would've found out by now
    -Says he went from 157 to 200...Pacman went from 105 to 147, not a big difference
    -He would bet money on Manny

4. Vitamin MMA

Vitamin MMA Green Belt

Veeeery intereting. Now I will go home and watch. Caught my attention with the notes. Thanks.

5. mikezismike

mikezismike Black Belt

lol JT!

thx for sharing

6. DarkBlack454**

No problem...I thought it would be nice to get some insight from someone who would know and found that little gem so I thought I'd share.

7. asdffdsa

asdffdsa Brown Belt

That's one of the awesome things about JT. If he was in Mayweather's position, there is no way that he wouldn't fight Pacquiao. He just doesn't give a shit.

I'm a little surprised that he picks Pacquiao tho. I also don't think Mayweather is scared, so the whole ordeal is really ridiculous to me.

8. DarkBlack454**

I'm not, and he is.

If he's not scared, why doesn't he just take the fight? I've seen plenty of guys test positive for steroids right after a fight they just got their ass kicked in...I'm talking brutal knock outs. Whether Manny is on steroids or not doesn't matter, if Mayweather ever mans up, the better man will win period.

Why would you leave a $30-40 million guarantee on the table if you really thought you were better? Mayweather is scared. A lot of guys don't want to get their ass whooped, but they step up anyway...they take their beating like a man.

If you claim to be the best, you shouldn't be making excuses and acting like such a primadonna, you should be fighting the best available competition.

9. XCuTioNeR

XCuTioNeR Mundo Hispano FECARBOX Champion

10. Thanks for posting TS. I'm going to have to agree with Toney on this one-- If you put enough pressure on Mayweather, he's going to fold, we saw some evidence of this with his fight with Mosely.

If Pacquiao puts pressure on Mayweather (which is a strength of his) he will win. I also agree with Toney's remarks that be considered p4p you have to fight everyone.

11. ShangoLombard

ShangoLombard White Belt

That's what i love about this guy, he would fight anybody he doesn't give a crap. and about putting pressure on floyd it's true.

back in his Middleweight days he was a monster.

12. asdffdsa

asdffdsa Brown Belt

I agree that PBF doesn't look good here, and admit that I don't have really good reasons for believing that he isn't scared. My main reason is that I think that PBF thinks he is the greatest and would dominate Pacquiao.
    Maybe there is a slight fear of losing his "O". I'm just pretty convinced that PBF would win a wide UD.

That being said, there's no good reason for him not to sign the contract.

13. flipspeed

flipspeed Yellow Belt

"What happens when a rabit gets backed into a corner, it faints." LOL awesome