James Toney calls out Kimbo Slice

I like that he is still talking about fighting with 4oz gloves and that he fought a legend in his first fight without hinting that he didn't get a punch off on his feet.

We have already seen this battle on the ultimate fighter.I`m pretty sure you all remember watching pretty much all the heavyweights swing for 2 minutes then spend the rest of the fight leaning on the cage,hands on their knees and struggling to catch a breathe.This would be the boxing version of that.

The way Toney worded it, it seems like he's done with MMA. And is more willing to let MMA come into his realm. That was his first statement after losing to Randy. I think it was something along the lines of "I'll whoop his ass in the boxing ring", or something like that.

I respect James enough for stepping up and putting his money where his mouth is. I think he knew well enough he had to get off a lucky shot to win against Couture. It showed in his training. It showed in his resignation as soon as his butt touched the canvas.

It's a battle that no one will never win. If you take the elite of each sport and face them off in their respective disciplines, they win 99% of the time barring the aforementioned "lucky" shots.

This fight would be pointless but it would be funny seeing Kimbo get destroyed in a boxing match. Even one of the bums he fought in his street fighting days knocked him down. Even at this age, Toney would make him look like a child. Kimbo's cardio is terrible too, although he'd probably wouldn't last more than a round anyways so it wouldn't really matter but if it did go past the first round he'd probably already be gassed.

This is the exact reason we need the government to intervene in peoples lives sometimes. When it was discovered that James Toney had serious brain damage from blows he should never have been allowed to box again.

Some people just do not know what is best for them, and it is clear that he may not be capable of knowing what is best for him. Now if James Toney wanted to box in his backyard that is his choice, but when he is boxing for the entertainment of a crowd of people in sanctioned events that is when I believe the government should be allowed to interior.

(That was my rant for you Libertarians.)

I think Toney could beat Kimbo without much trouble.

Kimbo's best shot is to actually go to the ground and maybe submit Toney like he did Mercer.

honestly, i don't think i would like to see the fight, it just feels ackward

Back