James Thompson Thread

vladimirvlad

MMA is my life
@Green
Reaction score
So guys, what do you actually think of James Thompson? He was battered or he was battering people. There was no middle... His staredowns were epic too, especially the one vs Don.

He thought Lungu a lesson.

James was even better than Giant Silva.

Another knockout.

But when the squared off against the tough opponent, he ended up heavily battered. I mean, Thompson sent Emelianenko to the canvas in the first place, but he recovered and James lost the fight.

Fujita was a too tough opponent.

Well, "The Colossus" was an entertaining guy to watch. Your thoughts?

SuHD9.gif

Several times the referees have deceived him (If I remember rightly vs Kimbo, Lashley, Kawaguchi,..)

His fight with Yoshida was fucking epic.

Also his ear against Kimbo was equally epic.

i'm a fan,

seems like he's genuinely a good guy

“Eric Pringle or Prindle? Whatever, it doesn’t matter!!”

Megapunk forever.

James was fun. He also had a ton more potential but I think taking the JapMMA fights were better for him financially.

He could have had a dozen domestic bouts and worked up a better skill set but his image got him a reputation before his skill caught up.

Though, he was a serious grinder.
Most +120kg fighters had less than 3 minutes of output and would crumble. James always simply kept going at a similar pace. Good job he could eat a shot because his stand up was very limited. Would have loved to see him recognise his grappling potential earlier and work on shooting and topgame.

Loved his KFC too.

Always seemed like a nice guy and self aware of his skill level.

Enjoyed his career, not the most skilled guy but he is a better fighter than his record indicates and he did have some respectable victories in his careeer.

I have a lot of DVDs, I'll probably watch them.

Enjoyed his career, not the most skilled guy but he is a better fighter than his record indicates and he did have some respectable victories in his careeer.
me too, he was very brave :)

Always liked him. Like he said he was put in over his head. He had the size and the look, and Pride liked that.

Always rooted for him and seemed like a good dude.

Always liked him. Like he said he was put in over his head. He had the size and the look, and Pride liked that.

Always rooted for him and seemed like a good dude.
Yeah, he is not evil at all in his real life.

Back