James Te Huna vs. Nate Marquardt

Terraformer

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
James is coming off two loses, both being finished. Marquardt is coming off 3 loses most recently being finished twice. I understand the guys are marketable because they come to bang but how does this make sense as the main event? Neither has looked impressive in there last few fights...

It's just a fight to make some money off New Zealand.

I think its an interesting fight, not as a main event but w/e.

Heard this card was supposed to be in the Philippines but got changed last minute. Makes sense with the caliber of the card.

So this fight is at 185? I heard Te Huna was looking to drop down, but I dont recall hearing any rumblings that Nate was moving back up to 185

I think its an interesting fight, not as a main event but w/e.

Heard this card was supposed to be in the Philippines but got changed last minute. Makes sense with the caliber of the card.

You also make a good point, just looked at the lineup.

So this fight is at 185? I heard Te Huna was looking to drop down, but I dont recall hearing any rumblings that Nate was moving back up to 185

Well Nate certainly isnt going up to LHW and no way JTH could make WW so...

Think they booked it assuming Hunt would be good by then, when he couldn't go they just shrugged it off and brought in the entire TUF Aussie team to fight.

Nate better use his wrestling or he's getting knocked out for the last time in the UFC.

Nate Marquardt needs to find what he had in that Woodley fight. He hit him with some crazy shots and looked like a beast. May be all the wars catching up to him he's had a lot of fights.

Needs to get back to 170. The marquardt that showed up against woodley was killer.

Back