James Puopolo on teaching, pro jj,

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Murdoch, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Murdoch

Murdoch Brown Belt

http://www.openmatradio.com/

James Puopolo returns to OpenMatRadio! James is an American grappling standout representing Ribiero/Lovato. In this interview we discuss James' transition from full time school teacher to professional jiu jitsu competitor. James explains how he found the balance between work, home and competition. We discuss various educational and learning strategies borrowed from an eclectic range of disciplines including meditation, buddhism, wrestling and of course jiu jitsu. Learn what had to happen for James to say,

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Brown Belt

3. Spoonman7

Spoonman7 Red Belt

great interview. James is such a cool and likable guy

4. Murdoch

Murdoch Brown Belt

Glad you enjoyed it. James really is an awesome person. I'm excited to see him making progress at every tournament. Do you mind me asking what topics you enjoyed in the show? Just trying to see where to aim some upcoming shows.

5. dallas405

dallas405 Green Belt

James is rediculously good, another American with serious skills.

6. Spoonman7

Spoonman7 Red Belt

I enjoyed the entire interview, I'v chatted james up at a few tournaments over the years. A really nice guy. I liked how James talked about stretching and recovery as a workout session in itself. that is so true, it's something that many competitors overlook far too often.

7. Murdoch

Murdoch Brown Belt

I'm glad you enjoyed the show, it was a longer one. At some point I'll be getting Rob on to talk about Elite Flexability. The videos he has on his phone of his work with jiu jitsu athletes is pretty cool. He may be the only person I know to make a lot of high caliber guys tap out with his stretches. That said he improves a ton of people's flexability and dexterity.