James Puopolo on teaching, pro jj,

Murdoch

Brown Belt
Reaction score
http://www.openmatradio.com/

James Puopolo returns to OpenMatRadio! James is an American grappling standout representing Ribiero/Lovato. In this interview we discuss James' transition from full time school teacher to professional jiu jitsu competitor. James explains how he found the balance between work, home and competition. We discuss various educational and learning strategies borrowed from an eclectic range of disciplines including meditation, buddhism, wrestling and of course jiu jitsu. Learn what had to happen for James to say,

great interview. James is such a cool and likable guy

great interview. James is such a cool and likable guy

Glad you enjoyed it. James really is an awesome person. I'm excited to see him making progress at every tournament. Do you mind me asking what topics you enjoyed in the show? Just trying to see where to aim some upcoming shows.

James is rediculously good, another American with serious skills.

I enjoyed the entire interview, I'v chatted james up at a few tournaments over the years. A really nice guy. I liked how James talked about stretching and recovery as a workout session in itself. that is so true, it's something that many competitors overlook far too often.

I enjoyed the entire interview, I'v chatted james up at a few tournaments over the years. A really nice guy. I liked how James talked about stretching and recovery as a workout session in itself. that is so true, it's something that many competitors overlook far too often.
I'm glad you enjoyed the show, it was a longer one. At some point I'll be getting Rob on to talk about Elite Flexability. The videos he has on his phone of his work with jiu jitsu athletes is pretty cool. He may be the only person I know to make a lot of high caliber guys tap out with his stretches. That said he improves a ton of people's flexability and dexterity.

Back