Banned
Reaction score
Gif soon. Was by spinning backfist

Edit**
Video

Last edited:
sigh...Ilunga is so inconsistent.

Last edited:
Best win of his career. I wonder if he could slim down to 95kg.

Ilunga from 2018 is far from Ilunga from 2015! He was given a Glory title chance unfair, moreover Vakhitov fought so badly in that match.

Ilunga from 2018 is far from Ilunga from 2015! He was given a Glory title chance unfair, moreover Vakhitov fought so badly in that match.
LOL, he was 1-4 in 2015 when he started a 7 fight losing streak. He's always just been a middle of the road fighter. Even when he knocked Andrei Stoica out cold, just an okay fighter. Sloppy technique.

LOL, he was 1-4 in 2015 when he started a 7 fight losing streak. He's always just been a middle of the road fighter. Even when he knocked Andrei Stoica out cold, just an okay fighter. Sloppy technique.

I have to agree with this. Even back in the day when he had good results I was really surprised of that seeing his horrible way of throwing punches and kicks, especially punches. Never understood how could he be so successful with the sloppy technique he had. He is clearly an overachiever.

When he knocked Stoica he was in top form. He came after first round win over Duut. "Sloppy" might be for you maybe because of the "German style". But in fact this guy rocked in the It"s Showtime. I watched that promotion even with many years before Ghiță so I know.

Ilunga was ranked number 1 or 2 when he joined Glory in the LHW. Trust me because I know. I don"t know if you remember Glory 9 NYC but he beat Bouzidi and another opponent for the final against Spong. Then Spong beat him and Glory in Istanbul preferred Spong, Saki who dropped weight, Corbett and Cavalari. Corbett because he had a name and was almost undefeated, but if you remember he was never at the level of Spong. Tyrone knocked him out in Australia. CAVALARI at Istanbul was not a huge name, believe me. That tournament in fact was made more for Spong and Saki, and in fact Corbett was only name for his notoriety. They knew he may not be a threat. Cavalari at that time lost in K-1 clearly to Zhuravlev in when K-1 was promoting with Superkombat. Even before he lost at Tatneft. Anyway, compared to Cavalari in my opinion Corbett was a badass. AT THAT TIME I MEAN.

2011-2014 Ilunga was a beast, but you might not know all: Verlinden, prime Sergio Piqué, Bouzidi, Stoica, Loren, Susperregui, even Roche, Cenik and even Pagonis. Basically all the best in the 95kg which was not as developed as the HW (K-1).

I have to agree with this. Even back in the day when he had good results I was really surprised of that seeing his horrible way of throwing punches and kicks, especially punches. Never understood how could he be so successful with the sloppy technique he had. He is clearly an overachiever.
He was not always like this, he had insane volume in It"s Showtime especially and at his first Glory events. Plus he was always known as a KO artist.

Last edited:
Ilunga was by far a star in the It"s Showtime and compared to some of the others, he defended his belt several times and never lost in the promotion.

But since some years ago he is really funny guy. Where was anyway Vakhitov against him? Ilunga clearly won that fight. It"s a pity for both and kickboxing now.

When ilunga was in it's Showtime was his best
Snubnoze doesn"t know that, plus also the first Glory events. He knocked Duut and Susperregui in the first rounds in that period 2011-2014, then now he went to lose to the same guys (decisions). And Susperregui for his 2017 level was really modest.

Understand 2011-2014 was prime for Ilunga and I am objective! I am talking about the LHW, not about the HW. No shame losing to Spong, who was anyway a very untested heavyweight. But Spong for the 95kg he had insane power.

Ilunga dropped level when he started to fight for GFC of that sheik and in Saint Tropez, he was completely ignored by Glory for a while.

@Broadcast

Sounds like a while lot of excuses to make Stoica's loss less embarrassing. First round KO against a journeyman and a failed attempt at fighting decent fighters in Glory for Andrei...

This is a good win for James. I was thinking it would be nice too see Roel Mannaart defend his K1 HW title against McSweeney but I see Roel signed with Glory. James would be good in a HW tournament in Glory though, fun name to add in for sure.

This is a good win for James. I was thinking it would be nice too see Roel Mannaart defend his K1 HW title against McSweeney but I see Roel signed with Glory. James would be good in a HW tournament in Glory though, fun name to add in for sure.

Trying to get him in. He deserves it before this win and definitely now

Back