James Krause: The kick is what broke it

It is his merit imo. Obviously nobody expects to break someone else's ankle with a kick, but the kick still did it. It's kinda like Weidman vs Anderson 2 situation.
He was looking very good even before the kick. Weirdly enough Varner had some good moments after the broken ankle.

Wasn't the kick that broke his ankle the very first strike he threw? Can't really say if he was looking good or not up until that point, can you?

Wasn't the kick that broke his ankle the very first strike he threw? Can't really say if he was looking good or not up until that point, can you?

I don't know if it was the first strike, but it may have been the first kick he threw that did it.

krause is starting to put it together. he came out of nowhere to outpoint stout for two rounds and then submit him in the 3rd. that was impressive. he was in a war against green until the accidental low blows ended it prematurely. i would of liked to see if green could keep that pace up.

the varner fight is a wash. both were just getting started when the injury took place. to krause's credit, it was his technique that caused the injury. too bad that's a loss on varner's record though.

krause has come a long way. i'm rooting for him.

I thought he was beating Green before the nut shot bogaloo
Fight should've been a NC with an immediate rematch, shit call by Big John

Did the kick really break his ankle? It looked like he landed wrong and rolled his ankle. Of course I could be wrong though.

I thought he was beating Green before the nut shot bogaloo
Fight should've been a NC with an immediate rematch, shit call by Big John

Something I think a lot of people don't understand is that after a shot (and in Krause's case, 2 shots) to the nuts, any kind of blow to the abdomen makes your balls hurt, too.

I don't think it was a good call, and even if the foot was high enough like McCarthy said, you can't blame Krause for feeling like he got kicked in the nuts.... again.

Did the kick really break his ankle? It looked like he landed wrong and rolled his ankle. Of course I could be wrong though.

I don't think the kick actually broke his ankle, but it did hurt it and caused it to give in and break eventually

The kick itself didn't break anything. Krause kicked the calf and Jamie rolled his ankle when he tried to plant his foot down. You can clearly see when it snaps as, Jamie tries to put too much weight on it while it's already rolled underneath him. Ugly shit.

6e0o53.gif

The kick itself didn't break the ankle. After checking the kick, Jamie put his foot down the wrong way that's why it broke

6e0o53.gif

The kick itself didn't break the ankle. After checking the kick, Jamie put his foot down the wrong way that's why it broke

Big ouch dang.. I rolled my ankle ones and its not event that bad and it hurt like hell.

If what happened to Varner happened to me I would have literally shit my pants.

The kick itself didn't break anything. Krause kicked the calf and Jamie rolled his ankle when he tried to plant his foot down. You can clearly see when it snaps as, Jamie tries to put too much weight on it while it's already rolled underneath him. Ugly shit.

^This. You can clearly see this in the slow motion replays they showed after the fight

Back