James Krause: The kick is what broke it

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by raythompson, May 29, 2014.

1. raythompson

raythompson White Belt

I catch up with James Krause after he beat Jamie Varner at UFC 173. He talks about the win and the technique which caused the injury to Varner. He also discusses possible future opponents - Green, Ferguson, Chiesa, Castillo and Lauzon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc7tmRYW_4Q&feature=youtu.be

2. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

It is his merit imo. Obviously nobody expects to break someone else's ankle with a kick, but the kick still did it. It's kinda like Weidman vs Anderson 2 situation.
    He was looking very good even before the kick. Weirdly enough Varner had some good moments after the broken ankle.

3. Fahrenheit1221

Fahrenheit1221 Gold Belt

Wasn't the kick that broke his ankle the very first strike he threw? Can't really say if he was looking good or not up until that point, can you?

4. dan halen

dan halen Blue Belt

I don't know if it was the first strike, but it may have been the first kick he threw that did it.

5. daprodigal2

daprodigal2 Green Belt

krause is starting to put it together. he came out of nowhere to outpoint stout for two rounds and then submit him in the 3rd. that was impressive. he was in a war against green until the accidental low blows ended it prematurely. i would of liked to see if green could keep that pace up.

the varner fight is a wash. both were just getting started when the injury took place. to krause's credit, it was his technique that caused the injury. too bad that's a loss on varner's record though.

krause has come a long way. i'm rooting for him.

6. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

I thought he was beating Green before the nut shot bogaloo
    Fight should've been a NC with an immediate rematch, shit call by Big John

7. UFC 151

UFC 151 Blue Belt

Did the kick really break his ankle? It looked like he landed wrong and rolled his ankle. Of course I could be wrong though.

8. dan halen

dan halen Blue Belt

Something I think a lot of people don't understand is that after a shot (and in Krause's case, 2 shots) to the nuts, any kind of blow to the abdomen makes your balls hurt, too.

I don't think it was a good call, and even if the foot was high enough like McCarthy said, you can't blame Krause for feeling like he got kicked in the nuts.... again.

9. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

I don't think the kick actually broke his ankle, but it did hurt it and caused it to give in and break eventually

10. Face Punch

Face Punch Punch Face

The kick itself didn't break anything. Krause kicked the calf and Jamie rolled his ankle when he tried to plant his foot down. You can clearly see when it snaps as, Jamie tries to put too much weight on it while it's already rolled underneath him. Ugly shit.

11. wowspare

wowspare Brown Belt

[​IMG]

The kick itself didn't break the ankle. After checking the kick, Jamie put his foot down the wrong way that's why it broke

12. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Coronalicious!

Big ouch dang.. I rolled my ankle ones and its not event that bad and it hurt like hell.

If what happened to Varner happened to me I would have literally shit my pants.

13. Genkis Udo

Genkis Udo Orange Belt

^This. You can clearly see this in the slow motion replays they showed after the fight