James Kirkland

Yacob

Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack
@red
Reaction score
Is fighting Saturday for the first time since Canelo.

I was boxrec'ing and found him hidden away on a smaller card in Austin, Texas

His opponent is a small step down in competition but who's counting records these days

I did not expect that name to pop up....

In his prime Kirkland was indeed one scary motherfucker. I hope he stays out of trouble with the law or he's due for a lot of time considering his previous run ins with the law and the fact he's from Texas and they don't fuck around with sentencing down there.

I also worry about his mental well being. He's taken some pretty serious beat downs in his day. I don't think he makes it very far in his return but I wish him the best. He was pretty fucking good at his best with Wolfe in his corner running him into the ground every camp. Lol that bitch is bad ass but also fucking nuts.

Not sure if Kirkland was just seriously overtrained or cut too much weight, but his punch resistance seemed terrible. Wonder if he’s still with Wolfe?

Not sure if Kirkland was just seriously overtrained or cut too much weight, but his punch resistance seemed terrible. Wonder if he’s still with Wolfe?

He's shot, brain damaged, done.
The wars, also in sparring, have caught up to him. He shouldn't even be fighting at all.

He's done. Lost several of his prime years with his legal troubles too.

I wanted to support him when he was a prospect because I grew up in the Austin area, but I just couldn't after I found out his whole story.

He's shot, brain damaged, done.
The wars, also in sparring, have caught up to him. He shouldn't even be fighting at all.
He's also fighting a professional opponent

Look at his record...you'll see a pattern.

I'm a jr welterweight and would probably finish that guy inside 6 or 7

He sure was scary in the beginning, I thought for sure hed be world champion, he could have beaten Paul Williams imo and his fight against Angulo was downright brutal.

I want to say he didnt have the right management but Anne Wolfe seemed like a good mentor for any fighter that has discipline issues like Kirkland.

I wanted to support him when he was a prospect because I grew up in the Austin area, but I just couldn't after I found out his whole story.
What was it???

He violated his parole after being charged with illegal firearms right?

What was it???

He violated his parole after being charged with illegal firearms right?

Yep. He was caught with a gun, and he was on parole for armed robbery. I'm actually surprised that he didn't get a much harsher sentence. They could have given him 10 years.

Honestly he always reminded me of Valero (in ring) a bit, and that is not a compliment.

Wild, extremely open defensively, but his power and conditioning would bail him out usually

I still don't really know what happened against Ishida

Sadly, he looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

I fear for his brain damage. Given history of guns and breaking the law. I really hope he does not end up like Taylor. JT is such a tragic story

Colby Coulter is a "small step down" from Canelo?

Lol that bitch is bad ass but also fucking nuts.
her description of canelo is forever burned into my memory, both for its accuracy and how blunt it was.

"that little red-headed motherfucker can fight!"

her description of canelo is forever burned into my memory, both for its accuracy and how blunt it was.

"that little red-headed motherfucker can fight!"
Hahaha, she had never seen a ginger put in that type of work before. It legit surprised her, lool.

Hahaha, she had never seen a ginger put in that type of work before. It legit surprised her, lool.
it was in the build up to the kirkland fight, in the 24/7 show. i don't know why but it cracks me up any time i see it.

at about 15:40

I don’t know the details of his armed robbery but not all armed robberies are equal.
What’s the whole story?

And many years later he bought a gun at a Gun show.

Back